Normal in France

colint

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Stuck in Bayonne at BMW dealers waiting for fuel pump for F800gs broke down last Saturday dealer closed Sunday and Monday couldn't look at it till Tuesday morning when they concurred with my fiagnosis and ordered one that was in stock in Paris urgent still waiting for it to arrive could have had one DHL from the UK by now I have been very smiley and not aggressive in any way but all I get is the Gallic shrug no phone call updates I have to go to the dealer to progress the job inside I'm fuming 6 days holiday lost its shite BMW UK say they cannot do anything about it as its a French company anyone got a gallon of diesel and a box of matches and don't even mention Carol Nash recovery

For reasons I still fail to understand, things take a long time to happen in France.
It's a major bugbear for me. I recently ordered some 3-phase electrical parts (not run if the mill stuff) from a French website. A week later I got an email saying my order was being prepared. Most of two weeks later they still haven't arrived.

This is normal for France.

The dealer doesn't care because you won't be a regular customer, no reason to knock themselves out.

A couple of weeks ago in the Ardennes one of our group on a VFR had charging problems and his recovery service could not even get anyone to look at it for a couple of weeks. They recovered his bike and dropped him back at our hotel. A few days later when we had finished our holiday a taxi picked him up from our hotel and took him back to his bike to drop off his panniers. He then had a self drive hire car to drive to Brussels airport where he caught a British Airways flight back to Heathrow. At Heathrow he collected another hire car and drove home. Not sure when but his bike will be recovered to his home. All arranged and paid for by the recovery company which cost him £25 for this trip.

Well I need to withdraw any criticism of the dealer part arrived today and was immediately fitted with a minimum labour charge of just over an hour this included the investigation on arrival the service manager told me that they couldn't claim any contribution from BMW France as it is an Emglish bike but to ask my dealer to try when back in the UK but I still think Carol Nash recovery is s...e never rang back today to tell me bike was fixed what a shower I know Carol Nash outsource this service but it is not good

Stuck in Bayonne at BMW dealers waiting for fuel pump for F800gs broke down last Saturday dealer closed Sunday and Monday couldn't look at it till Tuesday morning when they concurred with my fiagnosis and ordered one that was in stock in Paris urgent still waiting for it to arrive could have had one DHL from the UK by now I have been very smiley and not aggressive in any way but all I get is the Gallic shrug no phone call updates I have to go to the dealer to progress the job inside I'm fuming 6 days holiday lost its shite BMW UK say they cannot do anything about it as its a French company anyone got a gallon of diesel and a box of matches and don't even mention Carol Nash recovery

Dear me, you write long sentences!

Back
Top Bottom