Shark Evo One - problems!

What's the news? Well, I must say that my dealer (Motolegends) have said that Shark would replace any faulty helmet/visor and offered to do that for me. I have a new miner of helmets though and have worn it of late without the pin lock in place which removes the issue temporarily, there is a solution visor due out any day I am informed....

When I get it I'll update. In the meantime whilst I like Shark products (I think they release them without enough product testing) I don't think I'll be getting another in a hurry

Lids direct got my replacement Evo one from Shark and have used it for 2 weeks and all seems good, no scratches on the Pinlock at all.I have no idea if any changes have been made by Shark, just happy the helmet works perfectly and no issues.Love the design and really happy all has ended well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lids direct got my replacement Evo one from Shark and have used it for 2 weeks and all seems good, no scratches on the Pinlock at all.I have no idea if any changes have been made by Shark, just happy the helmet works perfectly and no issues.Love the design and really happy all has ended well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the visor still scratch free?

I've had an Evoline before but it was prone to misting up in poor weather conditions.

I've only used my replacement Evo One a couple of times so a bit early to tell - and it'll wait until the salt has gone..

Any progress here ? I was also about to buy one until I seen this, any upgrades issued yet.?

Thanks again, I'll call a supplier and see if they can supply the helmet complete with upgrade before agreeing to buy .

Evo-One arrived today courtesy of Motolegends, a two day delivery service and excellent communication / information from Ruth Regen of the help department :D
A well made helmet,fits perfectly and all the functions are easy to use, only thing that I have to do is fit the supplied pinlock and my own intercom system.
Will post a report once I've used it proper ( in the wet and cold ) but first impressions are positive :thumb

Noticed the vertical scratches on the pinlock after around 1200 miles...not happy. Fine scratches but scratched none the less and only after a short time, all on the right side and just out of line of vision thankfully, the contact point being the rubber rain seal !
I need to use the helmet meantime and I haven't contacted the supplier but I will just to see what they suggest, there's a 5 year guarantee so what the hell.

Only other problem being that I need to remove a little bit of hard foam to fit my own intercom ( can't pay £450 for 2 Shark units! ) so that might cause a guarantee problem :blast

Otherwise a comfortable lid, doesn't leak, great ventilation and it's great to have the open face option...shame about the scratching.

Noticed the vertical scratches on the pinlock after around 1200 miles...not happy. Fine scratches but scratched none the less and only after a short time, all on the right side and just out of line of vision thankfully, the contact point being the rubber rain seal !
I need to use the helmet meantime and I haven't contacted the supplier but I will just to see what they suggest, there's a 5 year guarantee so what the hell.
Only other problem being that I need to remove a little bit of hard foam to fit my own intercom ( can't pay £450 for 2 Shark units! ) so that might cause a guarantee problem :blast

Otherwise a comfortable lid, doesn't leak, great ventilation and it's great to have the open face option...shame about the scratching.

Sounds you have an old stock version as that is what they did, mine was swapped by Motolegends for a newer one and now no issues with scratches

Sounds you have an old stock version as that is what they did, mine was swapped by Motolegends for a newer one and now no issues with scratches

They assured me that this was the latest upgraded version but obviously not...I'll drop them an email.

Mike.

I wish to buy one, as the neotec is just too much. Is the sizing similar to other brands - I wear a medium in an Arai but small in a shoei

thanks

I was trying on the Evo One the other day and I really wanted to like as it ticked all the boxes on my list of essentials for a helmet. BUT, the flip front was all but impossible to move from its "up" position back into place. The shop assistant (in Raceleathers) assured me it was a) Newness and would loosen up and b) a technique I would get used to. I tried another on in J&S and it was the same but this one was right bastard to latch shut when I did get it to move. The only way it would catch was after a hefty slam that had the helmet all out of place on my head. I cant see closing it being a one handed operation once on the move.

Interested in others' experiences from real use though as it could be a great helmet.

They assured me that this was the latest upgraded version but obviously not...I'll drop them an email.

Mike.

Got it back from Motolegends within the week, they said that the visor mechanism was adjusted to allow more clearance and they also fitted a new pinlock..the pinlock didn't fit very well unfortunately ! Someone had just stuck it on without looking and there was a 5mm high bulge which was rubbing against the helmet when it was opened.
I tried a few combinations but it seems that the supplied Pinlocks are too long even when the pins are at their most loose position, I heated a small screwdriver ( same diameter as the pins and slowly increased the size of the cut out until the pinlock sort of fitted, this would have been ok if it hadn't originally been forced on resulting in a permanent buckle :blast
Contacted Motolegends again to explain and they immediately sent out a replacement Pinlock...same again though, the pinlock 70 is made too long to fit the Evo One visor so I removed some material from each side using a hot screwdriver again and now it fits perfectly with the pins set loose .

I've taken pics with the intention of sending them to the Pinlock makers but just haven't got round to it yet but I will.
Heading off on a 4.5k mile trip to Greece and Albania next weekend so this will be a good test for it :D

Overall I really like the helmet but it's a bit much to have to modify the Pinlock to fit on something costing £350, anyone else had the same problem ?
It's quite a snug fit, a little smaller than my Caberg Tourmax in the same size but it's a very comfortable snug fit and you can remove some foam from the cheekpads if needed. The recess for intercom speakers is tiny and designed for the Shark systems so I have had to modify mine to allow my cheapo speakers to fit, I had to cut a little bit of the closed cell foam out but have done it in such a way that it looks like it came from the factory like that :rolleyes:

They have a 5 year warranty so worth a try ?

Also have to say that Motolegends have been extremely helpful :thumb2

I was trying on the Evo One the other day and I really wanted to like as it ticked all the boxes on my list of essentials for a helmet. BUT, the flip front was all but impossible to move from its "up" position back into place. The shop assistant (in Raceleathers) assured me it was a) Newness and would loosen up and b) a technique I would get used to. I tried another on in J&S and it was the same but this one was right bastard to latch shut when I did get it to move. The only way it would catch was after a hefty slam that had the helmet all out of place on my head. I cant see closing it being a one handed operation once on the move.

Interested in others' experiences from real use though as it could be a great helmet.

Actually once you know how to do it then it is not difficult at all. I use my left hand, place on back of left rear lowest edge of the flipped back part and simply break the seal to the rest of the helmet by putting a finger or two in the gap between the two helmet parts and hey-presto it lifts off easily.

Can I ask how you found the Caberg Tourmax for quality, comfort and noise, compared to the shoei or other more expensive modular helmets?

Got it back from Motolegends within the week, they said that the visor mechanism was adjusted to allow more clearance and they also fitted a new pinlock..the pinlock didn't fit very well unfortunately ! Someone had just stuck it on without looking and there was a 5mm high bulge which was rubbing against the helmet when it was opened.
I tried a few combinations but it seems that the supplied Pinlocks are too long even when the pins are at their most loose position, I heated a small screwdriver ( same diameter as the pins and slowly increased the size of the cut out until the pinlock sort of fitted, this would have been ok if it hadn't originally been forced on resulting in a permanent buckle :blast
Contacted Motolegends again to explain and they immediately sent out a replacement Pinlock...same again though, the pinlock 70 is made too long to fit the Evo One visor so I removed some material from each side using a hot screwdriver again and now it fits perfectly with the pins set loose .

I've taken pics with the intention of sending them to the Pinlock makers but just haven't got round to it yet but I will.
Heading off on a 4.5k mile trip to Greece and Albania next weekend so this will be a good test for it :D

Overall I really like the helmet but it's a bit much to have to modify the Pinlock to fit on something costing £350, anyone else had the same problem ?
It's quite a snug fit, a little smaller than my Caberg Tourmax in the same size but it's a very comfortable snug fit and you can remove some foam from the cheekpads if needed. The recess for intercom speakers is tiny and designed for the Shark systems so I have had to modify mine to allow my cheapo speakers to fit, I had to cut a little bit of the closed cell foam out but have done it in such a way that it looks like it came from the factory like that :rolleyes:

They have a 5 year warranty so worth a try ?

Also have to say that Motolegends have been extremely helpful :thumb2

Have a good trip!

G

Back
Top Bottom