BMW NAV V...or 660? Why the price difference?

If the dealers have the old Nav5 for £500, then the buyer will have to decide whether the features of the VI are worth an extra £175.

If buying 2nd hand bear in mind that the lifetime map (LM) upgrades are available to the original owner only. You'll need the original owner's Garmin account details to continue to download maps. Alternatively it is possible to buy an LM upgrade licence from Garmin - from memory you can buy online for about £70 - so factor this into the price.

If buying 2nd hand bear in mind that the lifetime map (LM) upgrades are available to the original owner only. You'll need the original owner's Garmin account details to continue to download maps. Alternatively it is possible to buy an LM upgrade licence from Garmin - from memory you can buy online for about £70 - so factor this into the price.

Don't think that still applies, I have never had a Garmin unit where the lifetime maps don't just stay with the unit. I think what you say was maybe the case with early lifetime maps, but not for the last few years where I have had Zumo 660 & Nav V's and now with a Zumo 590LM

That's not the case. You do need to get the previous owner to de-register it from their account so the new owner can re-register it but Lifetime Maps are just what they say they are these days.

I do not know if that applies to the nav V, but with a 660 and any other garmin device sold with LM, the LM stay with the unit there is no need to de register the unit, unless you or the new owner want to. I have done this so can confirm this to be so.

The Nav 6 will feature a new “Music Streaming” feature, which works in conjunction with Bluetooth, makes it possible to listen to music stored on a smartphone. Even compatible action cams can be controlled directly through the Navigator VI. Internal storage capacity been increased from 8 GB to 16 GB (for the EU/US; the device with no preinstalled maps still has 4 GB). They have added some other features but...

Memory card 64gb 20 quid which will give you enough space for every map and a few tunes. If you've got Bluetooth coms most have 2 channels so you can stream music direct to headset on one channel and nav on the other.
Lifetime maps mean lifetime maps Garmin are good like that

Only you can decide if the features justify the cost.

Back
Top Bottom