Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3 cheers for Micky

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    Cheers Steve, good to meet up and ride with you again, was their enough tea/food stops ?

That goes for Bear too, I didn't want him wasting away.............
    I had one of Margaret's sausage rolls stuffed into my tank bag as emergence rations.
    e-bike expert & log burner extraordinaire

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Another message of thanks to Micky for organising this. A great weekend, the weather booking worked this year.

My only comment is that the Paul Nicholls fella took us along routes that had a surface other than tarmac. I's swear that the holes in the tracks were left over from were the RAF were testing their bomb runs. I nearly needed a submarine not a Super Ten. I've now had to break the habit of a lifetime and wash the bike twice in one month, bloody ridiculous.

A great days riding Paul, thanks, I owe you a beer next time.

Thanks also to Fran and Tony for letting me join their run today until I peeled off to ride the A686 so that I could have some fun over Hartside Pass before slogging north on the M6 and M74. From the fill up in Hawes this morning the Super Ten made it all the way back to Glasgow without another fill, not bad for a 23 litre tank.
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Another excellent event , thankyou Micky and support crew. Great ride Johnny as usual ,hardly saw a drop of rain. Met some great folks only wish we could have had a few more days. Until the next time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    I had one of Margaret's sausage rolls stuffed into my tank bag as emergence rations.
    I had one f those and couldn't help think it looked like a golden Labradors Arse but it did taste good.

Blog Entries
    I'd like to add my thanx to everyone involved in making this an excellent weekend again. As has already been said these things don't just happen so Big Up Yourselves.

A huge thank you also to Paul for the brilliant ride out on Saturday and also to everyone elso on said ride for your patience with the talentless bimbler at the back.

Happy days, happy memories, the sort that make the daily Shi'ite at work worth tolerating.

Here's to next year, Inish'Allah.

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Paul's ride seemed to cause issues with 1200GS's.

This one was very tired

[IMG]DSCN0065[/IMG]

And if you will bolt a larder on the back of your bike probably best leave it empty

DSCN0058
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Thanks Micky & Sue . Great event again and thanks for sorting the ear plugs this morning. Nice to see some old friends again and As always you find out after the event that there were quite a few people there that that you haven't / didn't meet

Roamer and Ade thanks for letting me pitch up with you guys , I enjoyed your company greatly over the weekend. Uturn Tony , always a pleasure and how bad was that rain just after we split up in the M6

Sid05 , thanks for the air and the beer

Nice to meet you again Grizzly after many years , will check my photos as I am sure you are in a couple of shots from Oonyacks Skye bashes.

Fran and Tony , thanks for the ride, shame some people can't quite grasp the drop off system but there were some great roads in the morning with some mega twists and ascents/descents . Nice one

Flip .... Stay over next time ya big lug.

Another great meet with a great bunch of people
    As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

My current stable of "adventure bikes"
    2009 Guzzi V1200 Sport 8v Triple Black..my weekend sex kitten
    2014 VFR1200X Crosstourer Highlander DCT Camo.. my big trip missile

My BMW history, all gone but not forgotten. K1 , R1100GS, R1150GS, G650 XChallenge, R1200GS TB

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Just in to the VW with a glass Laphroaig Select, feet up ... nowt to do with me guys'n galls! It was you lot that made it a success

Thanks JB and thanks to everyone that contributed and got stuck in, thanks to Magnet and Harry the Cat and ...

... oh feck it, thanks everyone

Brut33 turned up

.... as did Jeremy Vine in to the George and Dragon

Tune in at 12noon tomorrow folks, R2

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

It wasn't unit Liz and I got well on the way home we realised we both had sun burned faces
    so thanks to Micky providing the cloud hole he managed to keep over the old plumbers ven I suspect pages richuals involving flagons of ale and scampi sacrifice

nice to to see every one again and a lovely weekend

sent from the worlds slowest ejector seat, God I love drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Thanks Micky & Sue . Great event again and thanks for sorting the ear plugs this morning. Nice to see some old friends again and As always you find out after the event that there were quite a few people there that that you haven't / didn't meet

Roamer and Ade thanks for letting me pitch up with you guys , I enjoyed your company greatly over the weekend. Uturn Tony , always a pleasure and how bad was that rain just after we split up in the M6

Sid05 , thanks for the air and the beer

Nice to meet you again Grizzly after many years , will check my photos as I am sure you are in a couple of shots from Oonyacks Skye bashes.

Fran and Tony , thanks for the ride, shame some people can't quite grasp the drop off system but there were some great roads in the morning with some mega twists and ascents/descents . Nice one

Flip .... Stay over next time ya big lug.

Another great meet with a great bunch of people
    Cheers Ian, always a pleasure to hook up with you too. Yep. it did come down alright it pretty much stayed with me most the way home.

Oh. by the way, apologies for making you wait while i did a uturn after missing that left turn but, that's exactly why i'm uturntony

PS. i know it was a bit childish to go after those sports bikes but, i couldn't resist it

Big thanks for a fantastic weekend

Met some great people and had a fantastic 200 mile, ride out on Saturday big, big, thanks to Paul for organising

Cheers

John

Great event, organised by few and enjoyed by many so big from Beth&Chris. Also thanks to Brut33 who leant us his room at the George for 2 nights. See you at the next one.
    Ploughing on regardless.......

Campsite Clouseau

www.warpspeedadvanced.com

Throughly enjoy the Dent weekend (again) thanks to Micky and his team also Paul who provided a great and very entertaining ride out. The Bear should have been with us he could have learnt loads about crash sequences and bike recovery and not a buttered slice in sight. Hopefully see you all in 2017.

Andrew
    Last edited by Magnon; 23-05-16 at 08:24. Reason: Name added

Great event, great location, great organisation, great people, great craic

Great job Micky

Many thanks to everyone involved

Thanks Micky & all involved, had a great weekend as usual.

Top work, Micky.

I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend. I stayed warm and dry even through the heavier rain showers on Friday night and it was great to see the countryside up there. The guided rides were a total boon (thanks here to Fran and Tony)

Giles and I got back to Kent around 5pm after a lovely drive through the Dales and then onto the A1M home.

Thanks again

I'll be back.
    N

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast