590 Screen View

Deleted account Cooperman

Reaction score
On the 660 you could choose 4 categories and have them displayed on one side. From memory I had time to destination, distance to destination, altitude and speed.

On the 590 it seems you have speed fixed on the LHS with one variable display on the RHS.

I know you can tap the speed category to reveal pages of info, but I would rather have the ones I am interested in permanently on display.

Can you change the view?

I don't think you can.

A chum of mine has one, at least I think it's a 590 (so apologies in advance if I am wrong) that I tried to set up for him, 660 or Nav V style, where you can of course.

That option seems to be missing, so you are stuck with what Garmin deemed as appropriate. Given that many bods simply ask the device to take them from A to B and demand the maximum map view available on their screens, it's maybe not surprising.

pretty sure you can on a 390, i did it for a mate but cant remember exactly how, check in the display menu.
if i remember correctly i changed what was there to lhs- distance to destination, rhs eta to destination.
i think you need to be navigating somewhere to get those options.

Yes.

When navigating to somewhere, tap the 3 lines bottom right corner. You get a list of options, including trip data. Select that, you will get a vertical line of options, tap ones you dont want and you will be offered alternatives, work through those and you are able to substitute with ones you do want.

Yes.

When navigating to somewhere, tap the 3 lines bottom right corner. You get a list of options, including trip data. Select that, you will get a vertical line of options, tap ones you dont want and you will be offered alternatives, work through those and you are able to substitute with ones you do want.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom