Markus Underseat Tank, unfinished look

Blue Sweeper

Mod Squad
Reaction score
OK so I fitted the Underseat Tank from Markus some time ago and it works as expected. But there's an unfinished look about it, as there is a big gap between the number plate/indicator holder and the tank. It's beginning to bug me, see my photo. What have other folks with the Underseat Tank done about the gap?

Attachments

• IMG_1247.jpg
    IMG_1247.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 473
I cut some rubber from the mudflaps on a rally car. Cut it to shape and screwed through to the original points.
I have seen the original inner mudguard cut to fit round the tank but would be ashame to cut them now as I don't think you can buy them anymore to put back to standard

I cut some rubber from the mudflaps on a rally car. Cut it to shape and screwed through to the original points.
I have seen the original inner mudguard cut to fit round the tank but would be ashame to cut them now as I don't think you can buy them anymore to put back to standard

Yes I did think about cutting the original mud guard to fit. A new one can still be bought for about £70 and the number plate holder is £30. I may just cut off the tongue on the number plate holder.

Can you post a photo of your solution please?

underseat tank

Hi guys, is this tank available from a UK supplier - I have just been googling it and everything that comes up is in the states? Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, is this tank available from a UK supplier - I have just been googling it and everything that comes up is in the states? Thanks in advance.

Nobody sells the tank in the UK and it's VERY rare to find one second hand. Look at holan.pl as they used to sell it, but it looks like it's no longer available from them. You could try sending an email to Markus, the guy who makes them, to see if he will sell direct to you.

http://www.gs-equipment.de/page1.php

I decided to get another number plate holder and cut the unused mudguard tongue off, keeping the original in case I want to put it back as original in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_1300.jpg
    IMG_1300.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 311

Back
Top Bottom