Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The beginnings of a 1975 Suzuki TR750

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Little update. I was lucky enough to be able to have a good look at Tapis bike (the #8 bike I posted a picture of). Was able to measure all the sundry items up like fairing bracket placements and tach mount and temp gauge mounts and general fairing placement. Finally got a good core motor after two poor ones so a bit of progress there. Goal is to get 90 to 100 horse power . At this point it's still parts collection and working towards a rolling chassie. Got two old Avon am22 and 23's to get it on its wheels. A couple of pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Got the fairing brackets made up and installed. Have changed my mind about the front forks, was going to use a nice set of K75's but 41mm stanctions are not allowed in the vintage class so going with reworked GT750 forks. If anyone is interested in the K75 set c/w axle and Brembo calipers , stanctions Chrome is good, PM me please.

It's rolling. Out of the shed for the first time to day to have a look at it as proportions are not obvious in a some what crowded shed. Sure enough, some issues! The fairing is mounted slightly to far forward and to low at the back. The next phase is having a Aluminium tank made up to fit, the fiberglass one on it id for mock up only and some of it's angles are wrong as well as being 3" to long. It is ,however, a starting point for the final tank fabrication. Once the tank is made it's off for expansion chamber fabrication and fitting. Once that is done will re fit the fairing to accommodate. Have allowed till early spring 2017 for tank and expansion chamber fabrication and have sourced the people to do both. Once that's completed will start on a close ratio 5 speed gear box modification and an engine modification and rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Billd View Post
    Tunneruk, this is not much of a build thread as it will take another year and a half to finish as it's a side project. When it's ready for paint would like you to be the painter please. This is the bike I wont to replicate at least in appearance.
    Hi Fella,

I've just seen this post (I was in Italy when you posted it)

Of course I'd like to paint it for you

Drop me a line when you're ready and we'll go from there!

Keep the posts coming!

Restoration and Paint services

07714 266 627

www.ctmotorcycleservices.co.uk

www.facebook.com/ctmotorcycleservices

he who knows nothing Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    allow me to be the first to say ....can i have a go mister ?

Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbray
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunneruk View Post
    Hi Fella,

I've just seen this post (I was in Italy when you posted it)

Of course I'd like to paint it for you

Drop me a line when you're ready and we'll go from there!

Keep the posts coming!
    Bill you need to get the bodywork to chris NOW he's a busy boy
    Chris ,sorry mate couldn't help it
    overland and classic

Mikey, I think I need to get the expansion chambers on it and the tank fitted then sort out the cock eyed fairing fitting prior to any body work. Suspect I'm still a year away from a running bike based on work required and money availability. Still have a GT750 restoration on the go that will be on the market in the spring to help fund this........................TR is like a drug!!

Little plug for the 1976 GT750, I'm the 2nd owner less than 3200 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyboy View Post
    Bill you need to get the bodywork to chris NOW he's a busy boy
    Chris ,sorry mate couldn't help it
    Hey fella I can roll with the punches!

Your bits are nearly finished, you should have them back by .......... easter!

Restoration and Paint services

07714 266 627

www.ctmotorcycleservices.co.uk

www.facebook.com/ctmotorcycleservices

Quote Originally Posted by Tunneruk View Post
    Hey fella I can roll with the punches!

Your bits are nearly finished, you should have them back by .......... easter!
    Result!
    overland and classic

Quote Originally Posted by Billd View Post
    Mikey, I think I need to get the expansion chambers on it and the tank fitted then sort out the cock eyed fairing fitting prior to any body work. Suspect I'm still a year away from a running bike based on work required and money availability. Still have a GT750 restoration on the go that will be on the market in the spring to help fund this........................TR is like a drug!!

Little plug for the 1976 GT750, I'm the 2nd owner less than 3200 miles.
    Best get cracking BIll,
    Looking good
    overland and classic

That's looking just lovely!

I was lucky enough to be sharing a track with one last year, plus a big TZ and other RGs. What an awesome noise the TRs make.

I have the same seat unit and, being Tosser sized, have mounted a small subframe on top of the Suzuki seat mounts, to move it up and back 30mm. It means my knees have an easier time and the seat's still not tall, so I have an extra 1" foam too.

Get it sorted for next year's Barry Sheen race Parades at Oliver's Mount and I'll chase you 'round.

I'm on the classic blue and white RG in this clip, and I think there are TRs in red and blue.

RG at OM1 by mark jackson, on Flickr

Brilliant clip Mark!! Suspect it will be me chasing you around

And don't forget to bring plenty of duct tape (and a spare slow airhead for reduced fear when it rains)!

Mine's in bits at the mo as I've still got to collect my newly repaired swing arm from Harris Brothers, which has started to fail around an old war-wound from the late 70s.

Lester's promised me a little factory tour, so I need to arrange a time when I'm in no rush and he has a (long) while free.

Kid:Sweet shop

I am thinking about building one as well to run alongside our Yamaha tz 350 at the CRMC which pipes and gearbox are you thinking of using

Can't afford a Nova 6 speed but have sourced a modified close ratio 5 speed conversion using a new first gear and main shaft along with my gear box internals.

Was lucky enough to have a look a Team Classic Suzukis TR750 (the blue and white pictures I posted earlier) . Plan on getting pattern expansion chambers made up by the same fabrication shop as installed on that bike.

Very interested in hearing about yout TZ350 and your plans for your TR750. Also happy to share any information re suppliers of bits and pieces as well as services but would rather do that via PM's so drop me a note if that's of interest. Post some pictures please of your TZ.

if i can figure out how to size them i will that is the pics, i have owned the tz for a long time from when people were giving them away wish i had known, returned to racing about 7 years ago the bike had been under a sheet for a long time my uncle had just retired and was board so i suggested we recommission the tz and do a track day or two soon got fed up with that so jumped into the deep end and the rest as they say is history, the CRMC is simple racing competitive but not silly so we are looking for something to run alongside the tz we know 2 strokes can,t afford a tz 750 so the big suzuki was the next choice a fine looking bike and should be interesting to ride and a challenge to get right

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast