The beginnings of a 1975 Suzuki TR750

Thanks Mark, the only hold up is money or the lack of it! What silencers do you have on your bike or are they custom made?

Mark, the bike I'm building is a replica of a transitional bike that used a modified street engine. Yours is the real deal ,.................. 500cc racer that inspired a few exotic street bikes . Thanks for posting the pictures. Let me know the next time you race or track day it as I would like to see it.

Will do.:thumb2

I'm hoping to pick up the swing arm next month (still at Harris after they fixed a crack) and get it together for at least the 2 x 2 day Oliver's Mount race parades in summer. Maybe Dalby Hill-climb too if it runs this year.

I had a big pile of 'Gonna build a TR750 replica" bits, (GT engine, nice wheels, brakes forks, carbs, ignition etc) and a Seeley T500, but sold them all (plus an SP2 road bike, plus a Weslake Triton, plus added to debt, obvs) when chance to get the RG arose.

Like any sensible person I always wanted to be Barry Sheene in the mid 70s* :D

Untitled by mark jackson, on Flickr

*when I was 7 (years old, not race number)

TR750 update

Just a brief update. Just got the bike back from Justin Roebury who fabricated the exhaust system. Justin had the actual pipes from Tepi's #8 on hand as a pattern. With this and Justin's fabrication skills I'm very pleased with the result.

Have got the ignition system roughed out, porting the barrel at present. Engine rebuild to commence shortly. With a little luck noise and smoke this spring, will update then

Attachments

• P1080574.jpg
    P1080574.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 3,250
  • P1080575.jpg
    P1080575.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 2,336
That left hand pipe's going to keep your knee nice and warm. :D

Is it the camera angle or is the bike biased nose high?
It's very noticeable in the photos without the tank fitted.

Tarka, good observation! The front will be lowered by about 1.5 -2" when ready for the track. The GT750 forks are much to long, have been told that early Honda 750 fork tubes are shorter and can be used with the GT lower legs. If anyone knows which Honda tubes will work please let me know.

Mikey...............if you want a little go once it's set up you can! Suspect mid next summer

Double check up for the GT500a stanchions , they are the same diameter as the GT750 ones and shorter

Little update. I've now got the bike running, very pleased. Best dyno pull to date is 100.2 hp and 66.4 ft lbs torque. Have had three sessions to get to this point, have got the ignition and carbs dialed in for the conditions. The problem I'm having is getting the clutch to hold, it's at its limit. Will try a couple more things to try and improve it, dry clutch is to rich for me. Still have suspension components to sort out and paint.

It's ingredable loud!!

Just a brief update. Just got the bike back from Justin Roebury who fabricated the exhaust system. Justin had the actual pipes from Tepi's #8 on hand as a pattern. With this and Justin's fabrication skills I'm very pleased with the result.

Have got the ignition system roughed out, porting the barrel at present. Engine rebuild to commence shortly. With a little luck noise and smoke this spring, will update then

That's looking very nice. Does the nearside carb need different jetting with it being quite close to the spannie?

I did finish the GT750 and promptly sold it to help finance this project. Sorry, not sure what you mean re ram air fins. The GT750 was all standard when finished

Attachments

• DSCF8983.jpg
    DSCF8983.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 1,004
The near side carb is the same as the other side but the centre carb is one jet size smaller, 270 / 260 / 270

I did finish the GT750 and promptly sold it to help finance this project. Sorry, not sure what you mean re ram air fins. The GT750 was all standard when finished

Suzuki did a number of air cooled GT750's with another set of fins that mounted to the heads above the plugs and increased air flow as well as the 185, 250, 380, 550 and 650.
Absolute rocking horse shit even back then in 85

gt550.JPG

Suzuki did a number of air cooled GT750's with another set of fins that mounted to the heads above the plugs and increased air flow as well as the 185, 250, 380, 550 and 650.
Absolute rocking horse shit even back then in 85

I say Suzuki didn't make any sort of air cooled GT750.....

Your pic' shows a GT550.....a completely different beast......

Come round and fill me in!:cool: Kettles on ooops :augie

Andy, will be round tomorrow so get kettle on!! Hit a wall today, clutch holding and no power increase suspect transfer port floor needs to be lowered but will confer with Matt at BDK to get a more informed view than mine!! Bike is heavy at 181 kg wet so you can tell be about fancy bolts please.

Back
Top Bottom