The beginnings of a 1975 Suzuki TR750

Billd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have just started collecting the bits to build a replica TR750. The frame is chrome moly and replicates the Suzuki works 1975 model with the lay down rear shocks. Have given myself two years to complete it, will not be an exact replica as can't afford the dry clutch. Just want to construct a period looking bike so will stick with the 19" front and 18" rear narrow tyres. Plan on track daying it and perhaps vintage racing it so track only.

Will update this post from time to time. Interested in all your comments and suggestions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 3,398
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 2,939
I have plenty of water pump impellers if you need one...:aidan

Little update. Have changed the wheels, got a K75 front end on it, making up fairing mounting brackets. Would like to have a complete roller by the end of the year.

Interested in your comments and suggestions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 2,546
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 2,604
One more, Scitsu tach and emperature gauge

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 2,503
Good eye Mikey! Took forever with a dremal to grind "Kawasaki" off those rims. If only BSA had made them.............much easier!.

Gooey, thanks for the tip on the cans will look them up.

Tunneruk, this is not much of a build thread as it will take another year and a half to finish as it's a side project. When it's ready for paint would like you to be the painter please. This is the bike I wont to replicate at least in appearance.

Attachments

• TR7506.jpg
    TR7506.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 2,939
Had a gt750 cafe racer in the 80's , motor was tuned to tr750 spec and totally unsuitable for road use (it was originally in a sidecar outfit) and appeared to be petrol cooled rather than water cooled.

Made a lovely noise though.

Take it that you have gone for a 18" front wheel as per original

Neil, yes 18" front wheel . This bike will be for track use only so the motor will be tuned for that application. Will not go dry clutch but rather spend the money on ignition, motor and perhaps 6 speed gearbox as I've been able to source a supplier for the gear sets.

Little update. I was lucky enough to be able to have a good look at Tapis bike (the #8 bike I posted a picture of). Was able to measure all the sundry items up like fairing bracket placements and tach mount and temp gauge mounts and general fairing placement. Finally got a good core motor after two poor ones so a bit of progress there. Goal is to get 90 to 100 horse power . At this point it's still parts collection and working towards a rolling chassie. Got two old Avon am22 and 23's to get it on its wheels. A couple of pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,394
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,448
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,525
Got the fairing brackets made up and installed. Have changed my mind about the front forks, was going to use a nice set of K75's but 41mm stanctions are not allowed in the vintage class so going with reworked GT750 forks. If anyone is interested in the K75 set c/w axle and Brembo calipers , stanctions Chrome is good, PM me please.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,390
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,339
It's rolling. Out of the shed for the first time to day to have a look at it as proportions are not obvious in a some what crowded shed. Sure enough, some issues! The fairing is mounted slightly to far forward and to low at the back. The next phase is having a Aluminium tank made up to fit, the fiberglass one on it id for mock up only and some of it's angles are wrong as well as being 3" to long. It is ,however, a starting point for the final tank fabrication. Once the tank is made it's off for expansion chamber fabrication and fitting. Once that is done will re fit the fairing to accommodate. Have allowed till early spring 2017 for tank and expansion chamber fabrication and have sourced the people to do both. Once that's completed will start on a close ratio 5 speed gear box modification and an engine modification and rebuild.

Attachments

• IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,237
  • IMG_0696.jpg
    IMG_0696.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,235
  • IMG_0698.jpg
    IMG_0698.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,190
Tunneruk, this is not much of a build thread as it will take another year and a half to finish as it's a side project. When it's ready for paint would like you to be the painter please. This is the bike I wont to replicate at least in appearance.

Hi Fella,

I've just seen this post (I was in Italy when you posted it)

Of course I'd like to paint it for you :D

Drop me a line when you're ready and we'll go from there!

Keep the posts coming!

Back
Top Bottom