Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MT10 test ride

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Perhaps torque was the wrong word to use.

The torque is undoubtedly there (but peak torque comparisons are not really relevant to the point I was making) but after talking this through with a racer friend, it's the nature of the low speed power delivery of the triple that I prefer.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Parts bin special: Look at all those matte plastic panels covering up ugly bits the lack of fairing has exposed. Do those headlights actually do any good at night or do bikers not go out at night anymore...?

Tracer or XSR every time....IF I were changing.

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    Well I've just tried the MT-10 last Saturday and immediately went back and ordered one.Good job I did as my dealer only had one unsold and an hour later a ditherer phoned up to say he wanted it !! I hear they are now sold out until at least September.

It's obviously horses for courses as I tried the Tracer when they came out and didn't think much of it at all.

But the MT-10 was stunning.

Wessie,I'm struggling to find how you 'missed the torque of the triple at the first junction ' ??

The MT-10 has so much more pull than the Tracer.The R1 never had manic mid-range but the MT-10 has been retuned for such and the torque is superb.I see official torque stats quote the MT-10 has having 111 Nm at 9000rpm and the Tracer only has 87.5 at 8500rpm !

The MT-10 also has 45 more bhp and an identical wet weight of 210kgs !

I agree with you about the screen and the seat but I've ordered the optional comfort seat and screen which should solve that.

I think Yamaha have been quite clever.They've kept the base price down (£9999 in UK) yet have accessories that will turn it into a Tracer 1000 very easily and relatively cost-effectively.

I think he means low down torque . The great thing about the tracer is its so light
    Freedom of speech and thought matters, especially when it is speech and thought with which we disagree. The moment the majority decides to destroy people for engaging in thought it dislikes, thought crime becomes a reality.
    Ben Shapiro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
    Parts bin special: Look at all those matte plastic panels covering up ugly bits the lack of fairing has exposed. Do those headlights actually do any good at night or do bikers not go out at night anymore...?

Tracer or XSR every time....IF I were changing.

The headlights are LED. Those matte panels on the MT-10 are part of that colours scheme i think. The grey one is different (looks better to me)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    R1200GSA
    Triumph Scrambler 900
    Kawasaki Drifter

I was at evotech HQ yesterday and they had the MT10 in there workshop being dressed up with there kit, it will be available shortly.

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by crotchrocket View Post
    The headlights are LED. Those matte panels on the MT-10 are part of that colours scheme i think. The grey one is different (looks better to me)
    Indeed.

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Iconoclast Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    So far, I've only sat on one at the Scottish Motorcycle Show. I'd like to try one to see if I can live with the hip angle created by the distance between seat and footpeg for a 200 to 300 mile day. Overall, I like its interesting looks and it's good to see an increasing number of upright high performance bikes being offered by manufacturers.

Oh. As the OP stated. The seat is like a wooden bench. I'd definitely order the comfort seat option (as well as the Akra )
    R1200GSA
    Triumph Scrambler 900
    Kawasaki Drifter

Iconoclast Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Visordown video from the launch:

Reggie P
    Nice bike, a friend has placed his order, to replace a fire blade, can't wait to have a ride on his.

PS Since when did a "zip-closing pannier" make it a sports tourer? Ridiculous, some pikey thief will make off with your kit sooner than you think. That will spoil your trip.

Hideous
    I've gone orange 1290 SA

MT10 test ride

MCN have just tested all the super nakeds.

Yamaha MT-10
    KTM 1290 Super Duke R SE
    Ducati Monster 1200 R
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Aprilia Tuono 1100 V4 Factory
    BMW S1000R Sport

The MT10 does extremely well,coming runner up to the much more expensive Tuono.
    Quite pleased I switched from KTM 1290 GT now !

Sent from my iPad using Twattybollox

This doesnt appear to be the exhaust released for the MT-10, which is a titanium slip on. This must be an exhaust and de-cat from the R1. but it certainly sounds good!!
    R1200GSA
    Triumph Scrambler 900
    Kawasaki Drifter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12