Map updates

g.s.john

Getting old aint fer pussies
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have 660 LM and have tried to update the maps via Garmin express the screen said two hours
it worked fine for thirty minutes up to 36% then refused to go past that.
2nd question i had the battery cover off to use the USB port but cannot see where to put a SD card but Garmin express is telling me there is one fitted am i looking in the right place?

It's slots in a slot near the battery, if you take the battery out you should see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have 660 LM and have tried to update the maps via Garmin express the screen said two hours
2nd question i had the battery cover off to use the USB port but cannot see where to put a SD card but Garmin express is telling me there is one fitted am i looking in the right place?

Not sure about the first question as to date I've not experienced any issues with updates via Garmin Express...however, the 2nd question.....take the battery out and in the gap left - in the top right section there should be a little pic of an SD card and there is a slot to the right - have a look in there and you will find a micro SD card

Not sure about the first question as to date I've not experienced any issues with updates via Garmin Express...however, the 2nd question.....take the battery out and in the gap left - in the top right section there should be a little pic of an SD card and there is a slot to the right - have a look in there and you will find a micro SD card

Found the little bugger it's a 4 gigabyte could this be the reason why it wont load the maps do i need a bigger capacity micro card?

Full European maps are about 4gb so a bigger card may be required but I would expect GE to warn you about that. I use an 8gb but Garmin state up to 32gb max. Try removing & reinstalling GE first.

Found the little bugger it's a 4 gigabyte could this be the reason why it wont load the maps do i need a bigger capacity micro card?

A bigger capacity micro SD card (min 8gb) would more than likely be required for the reasons stated below by Ian; no harm in de/re-installing GE either :thumb2

Full European maps are about 4gb so a bigger card may be required but I would expect GE to warn you about that. I use an 8gb but Garmin state up to 32gb max. Try removing & reinstalling GE first.

Updating maps

I had the same problem. Eventually went into the settings on Garmin Express and selected proxies / off. Now updates maps with no problems.

Back
Top Bottom