Come on guys who owns an Africa Twin ???

I look at this sometimes:

http://www.africatwinforum.com/

But as Davy says, it's not in the same league as UKGSer.

Advrider has a lot more members, but it can sometimes be difficult to find exactly what you are looking for and there is a lot of North American input, which isn't always relevant to our bikes.

http://advrider.com/index.php

I've been looking at Africatwin.org , but it does seem to be mainly USA and Canada biased.

Cheers Beekeeper

Adventure Boy Rally Red

Davyf TriColour

Arsey Tricolour

Kevingrahambutler Rally Red

Dazzle (in 2 Days) ??

Stormforce8 Tricolour

WEE BOAB Tricolour

Daffy Tricolour

Alleycam Tricolour

beekeeper Tricolour

TYCLYD Rally Red

Thats 11 of us and looks like the Tricolour has the lead !!
Plus me, Tallmarkb59, Matt ballistic black

I didnt keep up the list as people changed there bikes as did I and didnt say so I was on a looser straight away LOL
Im now on a manual tri colour

Alton? Changed my demo to dobles as theyll matvh the john banks deal and are more local. If i go ahead

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Alton? Changed my demo to dobles as theyll matvh the john banks deal and are more local. If i go ahead

Probably both. There has been mention of cake, so I may do Maidenhead for the main course, then Alton for dessert!:p

Question:

Has anyone owned a F800GS prior to the AT? Interested to know how they compare? Particularly in the dirt?

Cheers
P

Question:

Has anyone owned a F800GS prior to the AT? Interested to know how they compare? Particularly in the dirt?

Cheers
P

A mate has a 800GSA which I've done about 100 miles on a few weeks back. If I wasn't so happy with my AT, I'd have one of those like a shot. Off road.....no idea.

Question:

Cheers
P

I used to have one and the AT is a better comparison to the 800 rather than the 1200 boxer for many obvious reasons. As you might expect the newer bike is better in all areas I would say. The motor is smoother and more refined, seat far more comfortable (not difficult :rolleyes:) and the suspension is very good off road . it's got 8 years extra development so it should be expected really. I do really like the 800 gs especially the adv model with the big tank. These are very good value as the moment and if it wasn't for the dct gearbox I would have got one but I really wanted to try something new and different :thumb2

Do you get used to the jerky throttle in heavy slow traffic?

Never had this problem either nor heard of it . :nenau

Back
Top Bottom