The North West Gathering September 2016

boatman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What :- The North West Gathering

Where:- Ullapool up in north west Scotland

When :- 16 -17 -18 September
Whom:- ALL like minded Ukgsers who would like to ride their bikes up in some of the finest scenery Europe has to offer with a bit of company at the end of the day to talk bike bollocks with over a pint:thumb2

Venue:- Ullapool which is a very friendly accommodating town well used to hosting bikers in the various pubs, B/B,s and hotels ( if you aren't into camping there is accommodation to suit all budgets :thumb2)

Meeting will be centred around the Broomfield camping site at the front of the town
(well used to hosting bikers).
If the weather smiles on us there are some of the most scenic routes in the Uk on the doorstep for a ride out on Saturday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,218
:thumb2:thumb2 be good to meet , it,s one of my favourite places ,on the planet , nice feel to it

Symon...have you spoken to the guy at Broomfield...can't remember his name..? Might be worth a call just in case there's anything else on?

Symon...have you spoken to the guy at Broomfield...can't remember his name..? Might be worth a call just in case there's anything else on?
Yes have done that Gerry
Zander says we are very welcome that weekend :thumb2

Bugger that's the weekend I fly out to Spain for a weeks biking in the Pyronees.
There could be very much worse reasons to miss a "do"
Enjoy your trip !

I've got some annual leave 12-18 Sept and was considering a ride up to Scotland. I'll see if I can tweek it slightly to 14-20, then I don't have to rush back home.

I've got some annual leave 12-18 Sept and was considering a ride up to Scotland. I'll see if I can tweek it slightly to 14-20, then I don't have to rush back home.
I thought you had retired Steve ?:rolleyes:
Let me know and I will put you on the list

I thought you had retired Steve ?:rolleyes:
Let me know and I will put you on the list

Thought I'd retired to, initially went back 2 days a week, just agreed to work 4 days a week till Christmas !!! If nothing else it pays for my biking.

Put me down, hopefully I can make a 6 day trip of it.

Considering it, but it is prime bass season.....I could take a rod on the bike I suppose and try around Lochinver and Durness to Tongue!

And then a proper fisherman turned up right in front of me....

very nice pictures and the one of the otter is my fave. very lucky to get that picture, not jealous.

That sir, is a very fine looking Bass:thumb2
Clearly you KNOW your stuff , be good to see a proper angler at play:thumb2

Can't believe this! I am in this neck of the woods all that week but am driving up from Bristol in my Landrover as will have her AND the dog and and all their luggage :blast

Plenty places close at hand to try for a sea trout, Ardmair Bay is a good place to try, possibly for bass too.

M
Would I be right in assuming that because that's open sea, fishing without a ticket would be legal and in order?

Back
Top Bottom