Looking for Old School Mechanic Dublin

Irishkev

Reaction score
Hi
I have a Kawasaki Z1a 900 which I cannot get to run properly.
Ignition problem, removed the points got electronic ignition slightly improved.
I need someone who has worked on these 1970's bikes before.
I have done the static timing, cam chair set up correctly everything as per the manual but still no joy.
Anyone able to put me in touch with someone or give me a recommendation for someone.

Thanks Irishkev:confused:

There was a guy named Christy, who used to go by the name of Vstrom on IrishBikerForum. I don't know his full name, but people often said he was very good. As Luke mentioned, the IBF group on facebook might be able to give you more.

Electrionic ignition on a Zed1 needs to be set up to the Ignition manufacturers instructions NOT the Haynes or Kawa manual

Also its quite scarey to set up as I had to set it to 24 degrees at 3000 rpm the one I had was 40 degrees advance at full throttle

Valve stem oil seals are worth checking as they are Damn Old now and coincidentally have you done a compression check Yet?

If you can get the bike started and let it run and squirt wd40 at each header in turn you might be able to work out the weak cylinder(s) If you get a pair i.e. cylinders 1 and 4 or Cylinders 2 and 3 its a coil or trigger wire problem

Had one of these for many years Loved it to bits and Sad I ever sold it But was in a work accident and I had no money coming in

Feel free to message if I can offer any other help

Hi
I have a Kawasaki Z1a 900 which I cannot get to run properly.
Ignition problem, removed the points got electronic ignition slightly improved.
I need someone who has worked on these 1970's bikes before.
I have done the static timing, cam chair set up correctly everything as per the manual but still no joy.
Anyone able to put me in touch with someone or give me a recommendation for someone.

Thanks Irishkev:confused:

I would highly recommend Robbie, sound guy and knows his stuff.

Good advice from Jay too.

Hi Guys
Thanks, I contact Robbie and he was very willing to have a look so we have made arrangements for next week.
Will let you know how we get on.

Thanks Again Irishkev

Back
Top Bottom