New to Classics

iandavid

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just about to buy a 1967 TR6 which needs a little bit of fettling. Can anyone point me in the direction of any forums that I can get advice from?

Sorry should have been clearer, It's a Triumph TR6 Trophy motorbike. Those sites are cars only.

Correct! YOU should have been clearer.
I was about to tell you that push starting one is hard work as they're seriously heavy but that referred to the car not the Meriden Triumph so I shalln't now.
Sorry, don't know anything about the bike.
Best of luck.

Correct! YOU should have been clearer.
I was about to tell you that push starting one is hard work as they're seriously heavy but that referred to the car not the Meriden Triumph so I shalln't now.
Sorry, don't know anything about the bike.
Best of luck.

Forums such as these will be a good start

http://www.tomcc.org/Default.aspx
http://www.triumphrat.net/classic-vintage-and-veteran/722434-brit-bike-forum-guys.html

Autojumbles are your friends , links here to your nearest. http://sumpmagazine.com/classic-bike-motorcycle-shows-events.htm

Suppliers Draganfly, Burton Bike bits, and of course ebay

Just about to buy a 1967 TR6 which needs a little bit of fettling. Can anyone point me in the direction of any forums that I can get advice from?
. Do you know exactly what you are buying? A '1967' TR6 can be several things, TR6 is the UK model, TR6P is the police version also known as the 'Saint' , TR6R and TR6C are USA models. A bike built after August 1967 will be a 1968 model, the engine number will tell you exactly what it is. Engine and frame numbers should be the same and both crankcase halves should have a matching 3 digit number stamped underneath. Any mis-matched numbers will affect the value considerably and so a lot of numbers have been tampered with to increase a bike's value. 'The Triumph Trophy Bible' by Harry Wooldridge is essential reading! Great bikes with great spares availability as long as you buy an honest one at the right price. :thumb

'The Triumph Trophy Bible' by Harry Wooldridge is essential reading! Great bikes with great spares availability as long as you buy an honest one at the right price. :thumb

A great book that

The information I obtained within it's covers enabled me to more than double the resale value of my old TR6C :thumb2

. Do you know exactly what you are buying? A '1967' TR6 can be several things, TR6 is the UK model, TR6P is the police version also known as the 'Saint' , TR6R and TR6C are USA models. A bike built after August 1967 will be a 1968 model, the engine number will tell you exactly what it is. Engine and frame numbers should be the same and both crankcase halves should have a matching 3 digit number stamped underneath. Any mis-matched numbers will affect the value considerably and so a lot of numbers have been tampered with to increase a bike's value. 'The Triumph Trophy Bible' by Harry Wooldridge is essential reading! Great bikes with great spares availability as long as you buy an honest one at the right price. :thumb
Thanks for the heads up.

If you have any issues or just looking for advice it might be worth giving Pete a call at Magpie Motorcycles [ 02476 421000 ]. He is a good friend and knowledge is endless

A rather famous chap used a TR6SC to good effect in 1964
bikerace6.jpg

Wonder if I'd be just as cool with one of these pedal powered efforts?
v3fa.jpg

Dodgy pseudonym or not, I suspect I'd look a pillock.

Back
Top Bottom