tank bag

Hate tank bags, my 2014 came with two Givi Tanklock bags, a 25 & a 30 litre, sold them both on here but then decided that the Tanklock system is actually pretty good so I bought the smallest Tanklock bag available. It is 3 litre, purchased from Cliff @ Adventure Bike Shop, I found it excellent on my trip to Italy a couple of weeks ago, just enough space for credit card toll receipts etc but doesn't block view of the clocks.

Hate tank bags, my 2014 came with two Givi Tanklock bags, a 25 & a 30 litre, sold them both on here but then decided that the Tanklock system is actually pretty good so I bought the smallest Tanklock bag available. It is 3 litre, purchased from Cliff @ Adventure Bike Shop, I found it excellent on my trip to Italy a couple of weeks ago, just enough space for credit card toll receipts etc but doesn't block view of the clocks.
What's the model number of that bag, Danny. (the 3 ltr one)

Sent from a OnePlusX

Which of course, is a bonus, in any man's language!!

Sent from a OnePlusX

I guessing no one has a opinion on them then............

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a medium size Givi tank-lock and it is a great article BUT very easily stolen.

I had a Givi, but decided to sell it and get an SW Motech as you can get a 12v powered tank ring.
I have two bags (GS and Daypack) and both have 12v inside with no unsightly wires to forget to plug in or unplug.

Very happy with them, but wish they would all be waterproof, SW M to one called Yukon, but having three tank bags would be plain greedy.

Now always run with the daypack, put keys, and phone in and a few wipes for hot days etc.

XS307

I had an XS307 on my GTR1400.

349983_orig.jpg

Givi make nice tank bags at decent prices but I wasn't very confident in the tank lock system TBH, probably fine for normal road use but if you're going off road at all then I would rather have a more secure attachment. I considered the XS308 for my GSA LC but decided against it because of that reason. And I'll never use that horrid looking bum bag. Had a Wolfman Rainier on my F800GS and that was great but I'm probably going to get the Wunderlich Elephant Tank Bag for my GSA LC... despite it being ludicrously expensive.

1250920.jpg

I have a medium size Givi tank-lock and it is a great article BUT very easily stolen.

I run a piece of 1mm Dia ST.ST. wire with loops on the end through the bars then use a small padlock to lock the loops to holes in the zipper thing. Stops a quick grab and if you use both zipper things you can lock it shut. You'd need to cut the wire to get it off.

I've got a slightly smaller version to the one you linked too......12ltrs, expandable to 15.
It was good for when we went on holiday as we can put passports, wallet, phone, sat nav etc and use it as a man bag. Easy to fit and remove. However, in this day and age I wish they would make a tank bag waterproof without having to fit the (supplied) condom, although nestled behind the MRA screen once on the move it was kept pretty dry.
All in all good for a touring holiday.

Back
Top Bottom