Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: action cam mounting

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

action cam mounting

where do you have your action cam mounted (if you have one that is ) picture's if possible

Quote Originally Posted by rovert57 View Post
    where do you have your action cam mounted (if you have one that is ) picture's if possible
    Depends what I want to film... I've done several videos at the TT over the years and:
    I've mounted the camera on the tank to get a good view of the road and dash of the bike
    I've mounted it on the engine bars to get the view lower down, with the front wheel in view
    I've mounted it on the back (rear facing) to film my mates
    I've used a Migsel mount just to film the road through the screen (no dials)

Take your pick, really...

Looked at the tank but would need a very tall mount , might look at a ram mount . Don't fancy a helmet mount

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rovert57 View Post
    Looked at the tank but would need a very tall mount , might look at a ram mount . Don't fancy a helmet mount

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk
    Hahaha... You're right. I just remembered; I put a stack of paperback books into a plastic bag and gaffer taped it to the top of the tank, then taped the camera on top of that after getting it lined up how I wanted it. It was some years ago, but it came out pretty well...

Oldie but a goodie

Nippy Normans do a mounting bracket that fits on the front of the windshield out of sight.
    e-bike expert & log burner extraordinaire

A ram mount on the bottom of the mirror stalk... Easy to access buttons and little or no vibrations. Works for me anyway

GoPro Session camera, and I use a mount purchased off e-bay that fits in between the bike and the front indicator. Not tested yet, but bought the cameras off a friend who had the same set up and it worked a treat.

My previous Drift camera mounted on the top of the LHS front crash bar, using the std Drift 'handlebar' mount; worked really well.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Young View Post
    Hahaha... You're right. I just remembered; I put a stack of paperback books into a plastic bag and gaffer taped it to the top of the tank, then taped the camera on top of that after getting it lined up how I wanted it. It was some years ago, but it came out pretty well...

Oldie but a goodie
    Paul

that has to be the all time classic GS video, I remember when you first posted it, back when the whole world seemed to ride sportsbikes. I think you opened a lot of peoples eyes re the capability of these wierd looking Chook Chasers.

Great stuff !

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Young View Post

Oldie but a goodie
    Excellent I really enjoyed that, thank you for posting

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken View Post
    Excellent I really enjoyed that, thank you for posting
    Superb video......

Thanks, gents. I can't believe that was 2004...

Quote Originally Posted by Scottman View Post
    GoPro Session camera, and I use a mount purchased off e-bay that fits in between the bike and the front indicator. Not tested yet, but bought the cameras off a friend who had the same set up and it worked a treat.

My previous Drift camera mounted on the top of the LHS front crash bar, using the std Drift 'handlebar' mount; worked really well.
    That looks pretty good Could you share a link to the item pls? Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crashhat View Post
    That looks pretty good Could you share a link to the item pls? Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    +1 on the above please

This is the link to where the mount came from:

http://www.rs-motorcyclesolutions.de

I used the Kaiser Baas X100 it's pretty good, overall very impressed, I wanted a GO PRO but didn't want to pay that much. I've mounted mine on the front crash bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast