adv lid - bmw - arai- touratech

steele01

Reaction score
Hi everyone :) my rx-7 is getting a bit past it now so considering a new helmet,

what do you guys recommend, or have any opinions on

Using a sena s20 so would be cool if it was more comfortable than the rx-7 with the ear pieces, always used arai

Cheers,

Tom

Fella your going to get a lot of varied opinions on this one.

Lots and lots of good lids but the best one is the one that fits you? What are your requirements, speaker recesses for one, anything else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fella your going to get a lot of varied opinions on this one.

Lots and lots of good lids but the best one is the one that fits you? What are your requirements, speaker recesses for one, anything else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What he said, also consider the Schuberth E1

Cheers yep I'm thinking speaker recesses, durability, lightness, not catching the wind and pinlock 59cm head bmw dealer dealer said the xl but wasn't to sure as it felt a lil loose compared to my sports bike stuff ☺

Oh yeah an comparability with the Senna bracket that Allen keys on and clamps shut ☺ don't like the sticky ones

I have a Arai Tour X that I use with my sena S20.

Works a treat - will be getting a newer Tour X4 in the coming weeks....

Tour X will fit the bill - plenty more space fro speakers than the RX7. I know cos I have both.

I have the Tour X4 at the moment, as have always worn/preferred Arai lids. But the fact that you don't have a quick release visor and it is also quite noisy are definite downsides.

I don't like the look of the Shuberth/Touratech lids, plus I didn't find them as comfortable.

I tried the Shoei Hornet ADV recently, and found it a great fit and very comfortable. Plus it has a quick release visor and Interphone also do a 'pro-sound' kit for Shoei lids that will improve the use of my intercom.

Will definitely be Shoei for me next time.

I have a shoei shaped head but have found the best lid I have had is the xlite 551. Quality, features, weight, noise and stability are all great and easy to fit comms. Not quite the quality inner of Shoei but not far off and a lot cheaper. Most comfortable and versatile lid I have had. I have a GT Air as well which is a great lid.....but always return to the xlite.

Cheers lads anyone got any experience with the beemer one? tried one on and it seemed really light :)

I recently bought an X-Lite X-551 GT to replace my old Arai Tour X 3......

:D fits really well on my 'arai shaped' head & so v comfortable
:D is very quiet
:D well vented
:D has a pinlock visor & drop down internal sun visor
:D adjustable & removable peak
:D my G4 base clamp fits on nicely
:D it does have speaker recesses but I use in ear monitors
:D double D ring fastener

IMHO...find a shop that has a big selection of lids, be clear as to what features it must have & then get the asst to bring you out half a dozen lids that fulfil your criteria.....

Flip up lids....I did think about, but after having tried on a few I couldn't get on with them.

Back
Top Bottom