what would be the cheapest guzzi

V1000G5 comes up occasionally at sensible prices.
Basically a 1000cc T3 or a manual Convert.

If Dave thinks the Cali evo is ugly I don't know what he'll make of a G5 dashboard :D

G5s are brilliant bikes but all Guzzis are flawed it's part of the charm.

You would be better off buying a modern v7

If Dave thinks the Cali evo is ugly I don't know what he'll make of a G5 dashboard :D

G5s are brilliant bikes but all Guzzis are flawed it's part of the charm.

You would be better off buying a modern v7

I like my Convert dashboard, if only I could see the little lights on it.

G5 dash - apart from that...

$_1.JPG

V1000G5 comes up occasionally at sensible prices.
Basically a 1000cc T3 or a manual Convert.

Agreed - as a very broad generalisation any of the 1000cc round barrelled bikes like these mentioned or even SP's (SP's have a fairing but once removed look like a T3). T3's used to be plentiful and cheap but seem thin on the ground these days. Maybe people are hanging onto them and/or they've all been chopped?

Andres

PS FWIW I really like the big blocky instrument panel on the G5's etc :)

I used a spada as the basis for my t3 Cali look a like. A G5 would have been a better stating point but the spada is the next best thing.

I used a spada as the basis for my t3 Cali look a like. A G5 would have been a better stating point but the spada is the next best thing.

to be fair, even the 1100EV could be a good starting point, it used the same frame, just different stuff bolted on, ok and the square barrel engine

All the bikes mentioned (apart from the V11 and Griso) use the Tonti frame, it depends what you want to do with it but most of the stock original bikes are creeping up in value

I really like that lookalike T3 of yours Rob

All the bikes mentioned (apart from the V11 and Griso) use the Tonti frame, it depends what you want to do with it but most of the stock original bikes are creeping up in value

I really like that lookalike T3 of yours Rob

Thanks

I fell off it at the weekend :rolleyes: Boot lace round the gear lever of all things, very embarrassing laying on the floor with the bike on top of me.

Back
Top Bottom