Best value panniers for R1150GS

tommyleyland

Reaction score
Hey there,
I've spoken to a German man who makes aluminium panniers for roughly £240 for the pair, great price!

Before buying these, I'm just wondering if anyone has seen any other panniers for a similar price or even cheaper?

In the world of ally panniers you get what you pay for, IMO you're better off finding another £100 and buying some second hand or go for the plastic bmw system panniers.

System panniers are cheaper and fit with the lines of the bike. Not a ideal shape for packing though, unless you have global lids.

Alpos sell really cheap tins if you can sort out frames.

Used Givi boxes are cheap, Givi frames are reasonable.

All depends what you want, I guess.

I think they look great, I've had a hard time finding some second hand panniers unless you know the best place to find them?
Do you have a link for System Panniers?

This is the panniers they are selling:
UQkEgMc.png

6LAKrgT.png

XteptJK.png

To be fair, for £20 more I can get the Alpos ones. The mounting kit makes the price more expensive, does anyone know a cheap universal mounting kit available?

Before someone else says ,you need to become a subscriber on here.
This is the best place to get secondhand panniers:rob

I've ordered the German ones, the guy responds to emails very well and for both 36ltr panniers included with mounting kits it totalled at £240.
I'll post a review of them when they arrive and I fit them and of course after using them for a while.

Good for you. As Colt points out, the subscription to here really is good value for money.

Easily earned back with advice on bike issues, buying and selling and good prices. Plus normally plenty of things hiding in garages if you need parts.

Good for you. As Colt points out, the subscription to here really is good value for money.

Easily earned back with advice on bike issues, buying and selling and good prices. Plus normally plenty of things hiding in garages if you need parts.

And you also very important you have access to the Jokes and Rant, for a good lough after reading some of the posts :D

Best value is definitely system panniers. If you have a pair of the liner bags to go with them packing is a doddle.

What make are the German panniers? Are the fittings included? Can you post a link? JJH

Back
Top Bottom