Calculating Route

StephenMac

Reaction score
Why does it take it so long to calculate a route? I have given it a start and finish point, nothing complicated but I have given up several times after it takes longer than 10 minutes. :blast

My 590 takes less than a minute and usually calculates a variety of routes if there is sufficient distance between start and finish.

I would try updating the software using Garmin express failing that get in touch with Garmin stating the issues you are having and see if they can resolve it.

There is no good reason why a 590 device should be very slow.

Are you sure you have the fully detailed Garmin maps installed and active on the device? Not having them or using a third party set of maps may well slow things up. For example, if I ask my Nav V device to plot a route from halfway along the M20 in Kent to Calais using Garmin's detailed maps, it will do it very quickly. If I then switch the device to Open Street Maps, it will be very slow to create the route, often failing. I think it's the ferry or train crossing it struggles with.

Between which two points are you asking your device to plot your simple A to B route?

Have never had that problem. Usually calculates the route in less than 30 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom