Micro SD Cards for both Zumo 660 & BMW Motorrad Navigator V

RD.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have both the Zumo 660 & BMW Motorrad Navigator V and need Micro SD cards for both GPS units to update the maps.

Having read loads of conflicting info about which capacity, class and type to use, please can someone give me a difinitive answer?

At this moment, I'm looking at buying two 64GB Micro SD cards (SDXC) Class 10 for both units, are they ok for both units?

Thanks in advance for info.

Cheers, :thumby:

Richard.

Go to the horse's mouth:

https://support.garmin.com/support/...caseId={18331ce0-4af6-11e3-f27b-000000000000}

Scroll down Zumo range.

The Nav V is a 590 in disguise

Like%20button_zps67kuwyfq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

:thumby::thumby:
Go to the horse's mouth:

https://support.garmin.com/support/...caseId={18331ce0-4af6-11e3-f27b-000000000000}

Scroll down Zumo range.

The Nav V is a 590 in disguise

Like%20button_zps67kuwyfq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks Gents. :thumby:

I bought three SD cards in the end, 1 x 64GB and 2 x 32GB.
Tried the 64GB first in the NAV 5 and the unit didn't find the SD card, so removed it and installed it in to my Canon DSLR which needed an SD card.
Then installed one of the 32GB cards in my NAV 5 and the unit found the SD card immediately and updated the software and maps. :)
Lastly, I installed the other 32GB card in to my Zumo 660 and updated the software but this doesn't have lifetime map updates. :(

Garmin want £74.99 for Lifetime Map Updates for the 660, does anybody have or know promo discount codes?

I would also like to install European Safety Cameras on my Nav 5, does anybody have or know promo discount codes for that too?

Thanks again guys. :thumb2

RD.

You can find hooky Garmin maps on the internet for free.

Open Street Maps are not hooky; they are free. You are though limited as to how many tiles you can download at one time. But, you'll definitely have enough for any sensible journey that does not involve going from the middle of Helsinki to the middle of Lisbon, via Dublin and the Vatican State.

Cameras? No idea.

1023-7212-2926-1585 this is a 10% discount code i just recieved from garmin today, i will never use it and if you can you are welcome to it, 30 days and it expires, and i dont know if its locked to my account but you are welcome to try it.

Thanks for the info Gents. :thumb2

Has anyone used CamerAlert and if so, is it any good?
How accurate is it?

Although, CamerAlert appears to be compatible to the entire Zumo series, it doesn't look like they have a version for the BMW MOTORRAD NAVIGATOR V (5)?

Thanks,

RD.

Micro SD Cards for both Zumo 660 & BMW Motorrad Navigator V

Be careful you don't get caught in France using safety camera warnings. Think there're illegal over there.

Garmin addressed the camera alerts,
changing the wording to dangerous road segment when outside the uk,
So no issues when travelling in france etc,
Roamer,

Back
Top Bottom