Cab anyone recommend TCX X-blend short derby-style boots?

The Other PaulG

Still searching
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I need to replace my workday boots.

They need to be smart and comfortable enough to wear with jeans for the office, but they also need to be OK for my short-ish commute.

I've always had traditional 'derby' boots in the past (not bike-specific) but wonder whether TCXs are a better replacement.

They say they're waterproof - I don't really expect them to be and I wear them with jeans anyway so I'm not really bothered about that.

But... what's the quality like, and what are they like after 12 months of use?

Any views, positive or negative most welcome.

Cheers,

Paul G

Attachments

• tcx.jpg
    tcx.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 135
Hi

I've has a pair for just under a year. I got them to wear under the BMW coverall. It allows me to me semi smart when meeting clients or to rugby and still use the bike.

I think they are very comfortable, robust and are CE approved. They have remained waterproof on the few occasions Ive been caught en route to/from an audit or Saracens.

Bill

Thanks Bill - happy with the boots, and you must have been pretty happy with Sarries' last season, too..!

http://www.fc-moto.de/Daytona-Rainbow-GORE-TEX/en are what I wear in the office under jeans - also used them for an 1800 mile trip to France & back last week.

I like them so much that as my current ones are over 15 years old I ordered a new pair when FC Moto sent me a 20% voucher code.

they have increased in price by a tenner since the £ dropped but still good value. I paid about £135 inc. P&P last month with the voucher...

Daytona-rainbow-gtx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom