TomTom and iMac!!

Snowy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a fully updated Rider 2 but I can't seem to download any routes at all onto it through my iMac. I have tried to download "ITN" files from motogoloc.com (RIDE magazine routes) but it just won't have it. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm not a rocket scientist so am prepared that I might be the reason it's not happening...

I would've thought so too but on the 'download file' option with Motogoloco it indicates which type of file each make needs and shows 'ITN' for TomTom. I'd never heard of that one before....

the later tomtoms support .gpx files natively, the earlier ones do not, the earlier ones use itn or i believe it also uses .ov2, but not certain. you could try and convert a gpx file to itn using one of the many online tools to see if that fixes the problem. just as an after thought is your mac changing the file extention from itn to txt or something similar if so change it back to itn.

Thanks for the replies.

The Mac isn't doing anything with the files. 'There are no apps to open them with'. I have all of the relevant TT apps!! Having done more geeking, TT are more suited to Windows than IOS apparently but then the Rider 2 is old.

I got so frustrated with it I decided to upgrade to a Zumo 590. It's delivered on Tuesday........

It's ages since I used Tomtom but in the past .itn files were 'itinerary' files, and consisted of a list of waypoints. I can't remember where on the device they were located, but it isn't difficult to figure out - just create an itinerary on the device itself using its tools, save it (I think you can give it a name), then connect the device to a PC or Mac and search/browse through the folders on the device memory until you find the .itn file. If you've been sent an .itn file by someone you then just copy it to that folder in the device memory. It should then appear in the list of itineraries stored on the device. Tyre might also open .itn files but I'm not sure that Tyre works on a Mac.

Back
Top Bottom