Does anyone own a Zumo 345 or 395 pls.

colin.carter

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
HI.
Need to replace my old Zumo 550 but need a unit that works on battery power alone for a few hours.
Just bought and returned a Zumo 595 as it is useless on battery only after 15 mins.

Does anyone own a 345 or 395 and can tell me how long it works with a readable screen from a fully charged battery?
Also, are the batteries easily user replaceable so I could carry a spare. I think someone told me the 345 is but the 395 is internally fixed which seems odd?

Many thanks
Colin

I suppose that if you can drain a Zumo 595 with a claimed battery life of 4 hours in a mere 15 minutes, then you might well get a whole hour out of a Garmin Montana 650.

HI.
Need to replace my old Zumo 550 but need a unit that works on battery power alone for a few hours.
Just bought and returned a Zumo 595 as it is useless on battery only after 15 mins.

Does anyone own a 345 or 395 and can tell me how long it works with a readable screen from a fully charged battery?
Also, are the batteries easily user replaceable so I could carry a spare. I think someone told me the 345 is but the 395 is internally fixed which seems odd?

Many thanks
Colin

The Zumoforum bods appear to have found a fix for the 590/595 battery issues with many users claiming success. They've even passed it on to Garmin.
http://www.zumoforums.com/
It seems you are correct in saying the 395 has a fixed 7 hour battery. The 345 also looks like it's the same configuration.

why do you need something to just work from the internal device battery may i ask

Back
Top Bottom