R1200GSA insurance help please.

JasonGS

Reaction score
Evening peeps, my renewal is coming up for my R1200GSA and I wondered if any of you could recommend any decent insurance company's.

Any recommendations would be appreciated 😃👍🏼

I just use the comparison websites and usually pick the cheapest as they are all as inefficient as each other.
I no longer take fully comprehensive as if the bike is damaged they take it away and it's never seen again, at least with third party I get the chance to mend my own, obviously not an option if you have a £15,000 bike.

Try BMW'S own on their website under finance and insurance the broker is Devitts and underwritten by Equity Red Star. In my instance two years no claims, £11000 Gs Adventure Triple Black ( 63 plate ) with £2000 worth of extras. The surprise was, I also have unlimited mileage on the policy, can ride other motorbikes, legal expenses, £2000 helmet and leathers and European cover all thrown in for the sum of £278 ( social ,domestic and pleasure ). I'm 49 years of age and the bike will be mainly garaged this was compared to Bennetts £456

BMW insurance is fine, unless you have another bike which is not BMW. I'm now using Ducati insurance, who are more flexible.

Try BMW'S own on their website under finance and insurance the broker is Devitts and underwritten by Equity Red Star. In my instance two years no claims, £11000 Gs Adventure Triple Black ( 63 plate ) with £2000 worth of extras. The surprise was, I also have unlimited mileage on the policy, can ride other motorbikes, legal expenses, £2000 helmet and leathers and European cover all thrown in for the sum of £278 ( social ,domestic and pleasure ). I'm 49 years of age and the bike will be mainly garaged this was compared to Bennetts £456

I used their website when looking for a quote before I bought my GS last year and they were very expensive. Adding the luggage to the policy put the premium up significantly for the usual suspects on the comparison websites so I took advantage of the free insurance being offered by BMW while I decided what to do. They rang me up to ask if they could quote me to continue the cover and the quote was 50% lower than the website so I went with them, so might be worth you ringing BMW up rather than doing it online?

My GSA is due end of this month and renewal is £102 fully comp with protected no claims with Hastings Direct. I am 51, no points and no claims. Probably worth you getting a quote.

Saga/Bennetts came up with the best quote for similar, on the comparison sites, with a price just over £110.

Insurance is very "personal" and there are probably no two identical quotes on the market, today.
You may need fully comprehensive insurance if you don't own the machine outright; this will limit your choices somewhat.
Quite frankly, IMHO, the insurance market is one of the best forms of legitimised robbery I know of, in this country. You pays your money and takes yer chances.

Back
Top Bottom