Sorry - another battery question (Motobatt)

katyotter

Reaction score
Definitely going with a Motobatt but does anyone know the difference between the MBYZ16H and the MBTX14U?????::confused: Which is best for my F700 GS and my husband's F800 GS???? And what on earth is the MBYZ16HD? Talk about difficult! The sizes are all the same but which is best?

All help most gratefully received:bow

MBYZ16H and HD are the same except for colour! The H is the familiar yellow and the HD is black and orange presumably for the Harley fraternity. I have literally just finished fitting one of these to my F650GS. I ordered MBYZ16H but received an HD. The MBTX14U is not the correct size, the one actually listed for the 800 bikes is MBTX12U, which is shorter than OE but comes with spacers for it to sit on. The MBYZ16H/HD is identical in size to OE and is higher capacity. Either the 12 or the 16 will be fine.

MBYZ16H and HD are the same except for colour! The H is the familiar yellow and the HD is black and orange presumably for the Harley fraternity. I have literally just finished fitting one of these to my F650GS. I ordered MBYZ16H but received an HD. The MBTX14U is not the correct size, the one actually listed for the 800 bikes is MBTX12U, which is shorter than OE but comes with spacers for it to sit on. The MBYZ16H/HD is identical in size to OE and is higher capacity. Either the 12 or the 16 will be fine.

Oh thankyou sooooooooo much seahorse:bow:bow:bow! What a completely helpful answer:clap. I shall now order the MBYZ16H with utter confidence:thumb.

Just one other thing. You will need to trim off part of the plastic retaining strap. It's a piece which is at 90 deg to the main part of the strap that needs cutting off. Easy to do as its plastic. Hard to describe it but all will become clear when you have it in front of you.

Back
Top Bottom