Unable to do my speed camera updates??

dave hendy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a Garmin speed camera subscription until September but I am being prevented from down loading updates? I can pick the updates and it shows computer and device are ready for download but when I except the agreement it says download failed. I have tried using IE11, Google chrome and firefox? I have added https://my.garmin.com to trusted sites. The only thing new is my new BT hub 6, could this be a problem?

Any ideas?

OK so I tried to update the Nav V at work and it did the same so obviously nothing to do with the new hub!

So still unable to do anything:blast

No ideas then??

There's a new version of s/w for the Nav V (v3.30). Might be worth trying to update the Nav V s/w via Basecamp (Device, check for updates) and see if this works. The problem may only relate to the speed cam database, and it just might be resolved with a s/w update. Otherwise, try a software reset to factory defaults or a call to Garmin...

have you updated the speed camera's before with no problems, and if so have you removed or altered anything on the sat nav, and are you using the same method as you did before. you have eliminated your own gear (pc/router) so whats changed, anything you can think of or nothing, is it a unit you have had from new or one purchased secondhand.

There's a new version of s/w for the Nav V (v3.30). Might be worth trying to update the Nav V s/w via Basecamp (Device, check for updates) and see if this works. The problem may only relate to the speed cam database, and it just might be resolved with a s/w update. Otherwise, try a software reset to factory defaults or a call to Garmin...

I did the update before I had this problem so don't know if that caused it?

have you updated the speed camera's before with no problems, and if so have you removed or altered anything on the sat nav, and are you using the same method as you did before. you have eliminated your own gear (pc/router) so whats changed, anything you can think of or nothing, is it a unit you have had from new or one purchased secondhand.

I got the Nav V 1 year ago with my new bike (from BMW) it has been working ok although some times I had to use firefox to do the updates.

I think you've found the cause

I don't have a subscription to the speed camera database so can't confirm this. Maybe a post on here in the Nav V section to ask if anyone else has the same problem after updating to v3.30 ? Call Garmin as well to see if they are aware of any problems updating speed cams.

Ok so hadn't changed anything since the weekend, connected it to computer before I rang Garmin and it did the update no problem:nenau

What's that all about:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom