Fallen Bike

Ouch! Mine's never fallen over, but I did kick my Bandit over once when I went for a 'hitch kick' style mount up - didnt get my leg high enough, anyone watching would have thought that I had actually meant to boot the fucker over. I was on a Homebase carpark at the time!!

Dropped a mint ZXR750 a few years back....refuelled, went to get back on it..slung my leg over and short leg syndrome took over.... And I kicked it over :blast

Dropped a mint ZXR750 a few years back....refuelled, went to get back on it..slung my leg over and short leg syndrome took over.... And I kicked it over :blast

Ha ha .... a pal of mine did that with his brand new Kwaker :blast

Dropped it on one side, picked it up, was about to ride off and saw his indicator a few feet away, got off to collect and promptly dropped it on the other side :blast:blast

About 4K of damage (a long time ago) at zero mph :blast:blast:blast

:beerjug:

The repair estimate's come in at just under 2k. The insurance company didn't balk, so hopefully it'll be repaired in due course.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The 990 Adventure is virtually indestructible.
I have a mate who crashed one 5 times in a 12 month period (and a couple of them where dooseys) and apart from straightening bent gear/brake levers has always been able to ride away from them.

Sent from a OnePlusX

I was recently with my mate who has a 990 both doing 40 through the new forest and somthing happened and he was chucked off - flew 6ft through the air and landed on his shoulder the bike flipped over twice right in front of me and skidded and slid into the on comeing traffic - only damage that it broke the indicator - they really are fkin bullet proof - i just picked it up and he rode it home :eek:

I was recently with my mate who has a 990 both doing 40 through the new forest and somthing happened and he was chucked off - flew 6ft through the air and landed on his shoulder the bike flipped over twice right in front of me and skidded and slid into the on comeing traffic - only damage that it broke the indicator - they really are fkin bullet proof - i just picked it up and he rode it home :eek:
One of my mates "off" was a fast lowside entering a roundabout (oil on road) the bike got flung in the air when it slid into the kerb and launched clean over the armco. Dusted himself and the 990 off, picked some sod out of it, we eventually found his top box, re attached that and off we rode!

Sent from a OnePlusX

One of my mates "off" was a fast lowside entering a roundabout (oil on road) the bike got flung in the air when it slid into the kerb and launched clean over the armco. Dusted himself and the 990 off, picked some sod out of it, we eventually found his top box, re attached that and off we rode!

Sent from a OnePlusX

My mate from down the pub had an off. Bike flew 1000ft down the cliff, was then run over by a truck, bounced off again and fell under a train, bounced again and fell into a river. It then went over a 300ft waterfall, which washed it clean, got washed up onto the bank, flipped onto it's side stand and started 2nd time. :blagblah

He

My mate from down the pub had an off. Bike flew 1000ft down the cliff, was then run over by a truck, bounced off again and fell under a train, bounced again and fell into a river. It then went over a 300ft waterfall, which washed it clean, got washed up onto the bank, flipped onto it's side stand and started 2nd time. :blagblah

He

Hahahahahaha, very good.

JimmyMac

He
I can't quite put my finger on it........ but I get the feeling you're mocking me!?!

Sent from a OnePlusX

Reminds me of the Top Gear episode when they tried to destroy a Toyota pickup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had confirmation of Insurer approval for the repair today, so hoping to be back on the road (with crash protection!) shorty! :thumby:

She's back, with added protection!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Will this be classed as a Cat.D on the logbook now?

Its only classed as such when its been deemed uneconomical to repair by the insurance co and wrote off .

In this case the insurance have repaired .

Back
Top Bottom