Struggling with Basecamp?

my above guide if you can follow it should work fine, if not post back and i will try and explain.

OMG it bloody well worked. Thanks so much to you all for putting up with my turnipness. Will find this invaluable when we tour rather than trying to input the route directly to NAV V.

Would recommend anyone who has struggled with basecamp to try what Nutty said in the 1st thread and follow this with the advice from Lee D, Wapping and Decompressin:)g, top chaps and if lived closer would buy you all a pint or two

Last edited:
For all its supposed Biker Friendly attributes, the MotoGoLoco website is remarkably unhelpful on 'How to do things'.

Given how easy it is to create a decent U-tube video, the MotoGoLoco bods might like to think about creating some easy to follow guides. Or at least a decent written explanation with screen shots of the various stages.

Feck it, I could win:

Great Prizes Up For Grabs
Everybody who submits a suggestion is eligible for entry into our monthly prize draw, meaning your next biking trip away could be on us, FREE!

I think i will be sticking with the crappy old garmin way of doing things, and keep lugging that massive 9inch netbook around with me, although i should not need it as i will have created all my routes before i leave home, even though i have no idea where i am going to after the first stop and therefore will not need any form of internet or celular connection to plot a route to get me there as i will be able to to plan my 10 stop route going via the most bendy and obscure route possible to i dont know where on that easy to read massive screened garmin 660.
You see as i have said before there is no perfect system there are faults and down sides with them all, and all devices can fail and will at some point let you down.
So learn to use what you choose to use, this may even be a combination of tools, and if you run into problems and cant find a way around it ask the question because someone on here may have the answer.

OMG it bloody well worked. Thanks so much to you all for putting up with my turnipness. Will find this invaluable when we tour rather than trying to input the route directly to NAV V.

Would recommend anyone who has struggled with basecamp to try what Nutty said in the 1st thread and follow this with the advice from Lee D, Wapping and Decompressin:)g, top chaps and if lived closer would buy you all a pint or two

Glad you got it sorted

All we need now is for that engineer fellow to reply back to let us know if he sorted it and we will have had a full house of succsess

well having spent a couple of minutes on the site it appears you can save a file in various formats and also save the web address of the map that you could then copy and paste to an email to yourself. hope this helps.

Would be good f you could copy the whole web address from the iPad but one cannot, unfortunately.

I never said never, they have their uses e.g. the last mile or two to the hotel in a strange town, they are great, but as far as plotting an entire effing holiday of twisty roads or motorways, they are shit.

They are a useful tool....unlike many on here....

I never said never, they have their uses e.g. the last mile or two to the hotel in a strange town, they are great, but as far as plotting an entire effing holiday of twisty roads or motorways, they are shit.

Actually they are rather good for plotting an entire effing holiday or even just a normal holiday. I suspect what you mean is you don't like to have routes planned. That is your choice, it would be, after all, your effing holiday but that does not make a device for said plotting "shit" as you so colourfully put it. Others might like to plan route, some find it part of the fun. Doing so does demand a little effort to learn how to successfully achieve a sensible route. Since many do accomplish this one might conclude that those unable to do so lack either the inclination or the application need to master his simple task. Or it might be a deliberate choice but either way it would not make such folk "shit" either.

John

Would be good f you could copy the whole web address from the iPad but one cannot, unfortunately.

I believe you can but what do i know having pointed you in the right direction in the first place, Be sure it can be done. if you need to know how just ask.

Quote The Nutty GSER
(One great feature is the ability to plan a route on my iPad while sat in front of the TV, save it, then upload to the Nav when back at my desk.) how do you upload it from the ipad to the nav.

Get a lightning to USB female adaptor. But I use my iMac.

having looked this up according to apple it only allows the transfer of pictures and video.

Oh, ok, I don't have one, so haven't tried this method.

It still shits all over basecrap though.:thumb

You should learn to use your device properly before posting bollox!

For all its supposed Biker Friendly attributes, the MotoGoLoco website is remarkably unhelpful on 'How to do things'.

Given how easy it is to create a decent U-tube video, the MotoGoLoco bods might like to think about creating some easy to follow guides. Or at least a decent written explanation with screen shots of the various stages.

Feck it, I could win:

Wapping i hope you dont just coppy and paste the drivel of a guide i put up and submit that.:blast:rob:beerjug:

Step by step guide to copying web address from iPad motogoloco screen to email please - from someone who has actually done it as opposed to the ones who just think it can be done.

Back
Top Bottom