Struggling with Basecamp?

Nutty

Reaction score
Then delete that bunch of shite from your computer, and go to www.motogoloco.com :thumb

I cannot believe how easy it is to use. I planned 5 days routes in 15 minutes today, all loaded onto the Nav in seconds. Piece of piss. And it uses Google maps, so is a walk in the park to use.

One great feature is the ability to plan a route on my iPad while sat in front of the TV, save it, then upload to the Nav when back at my desk.

Fuck Basecamp!:beerjug:

Shame it doesn't work on a Mac..

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Probably being a dick but can't locate user/ help instructions although appears really straightforward. Only problem I seem to have is when I try to transfer it says I need something downloading and gave me a great list of 'to do's' but not got around to it yet

Probably being a dick but can't locate user/ help instructions although appears really straightforward. Only problem I seem to have is when I try to transfer it says I need something downloading and gave me a great list of 'to do's' but not got around to it yet

It's because it's shite mate.

Do it in all BaseCamp and cut out all the angst that third party route plotting software sometimes brings. It really is very easy, providing that is you are not a complete turnip.

Quote The Nutty GSER
(One great feature is the ability to plan a route on my iPad while sat in front of the TV, save it, then upload to the Nav when back at my desk.) how do you upload it from the ipad to the nav.

Quote The Nutty GSER
(One great feature is the ability to plan a route on my iPad while sat in front of the TV, save it, then upload to the Nav when back at my desk.) how do you upload it from the ipad to the nav.

He doesn't - he sends it to his desktop then to the Nav. Would be great to go straight from an iPad to the Nav.

It's because it's shite mate.

Do it in all BaseCamp and cut out all the angst that third party route plotting software sometimes brings. It really is very easy, providing that is you are not a complete turnip.

I admit it I am a turnip:) but just cannot get my head around basecamp and the elastic band thing and having tried a few times have spat my dummy out at it. Is there a turnip easy user guide anywhere, actually make that a easy easy guide. What I find confusing is al the different variations of things you can do. I'm the type who only reads the quick start version of a manual so all I want from basecamp is

1) Learn how to go from point A to point B
2) If I don't like some of the route how do I make small adjustments

See told you I was a turnip but when I tried Motogoloco I plotted and changed a route in 1 minute without any instructions so just need to figure out the downloading, as Nutty said really easy to use compared to basecamp at this early stage

I admit it I am a turnip:) but just cannot get my head around basecamp and the elastic band thing and having tried a few times have spat my dummy out at it. Is there a turnip easy user guide anywhere, actually make that a easy easy guide. What I find confusing is al the different variations of things you can do. I'm the type who only reads the quick start version of a manual so all I want from basecamp is

1) Learn how to go from point A to point B
2) If I don't like some of the route how do I make small adjustments

See told you I was a turnip but when I tried Motogoloco I plotted and changed a route in 1 minute without any instructions so just need to figure out the downloading, as Nutty said really easy to use compared to basecamp at this early stage

There's lots of very good posts and threads in the GPS section, along with some very good video guides on U-tube.

Try this one for starters: http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/430575-Basecamp-Waypoints-Via-points-etc

Read it from the start to the end. Becksy, who started the thread managed. If he (and others) can, so can you. If you can't be arsed to start at the beginning, go straight to post #13. The instructions relate to a Mac, which was the computer Becksy was using. Using a PC is similar, for sure.

You never use GPS routing as it is for wimps. Why are you even trying?

Ok how does one export the route from Motogoloco on an iPad to a desktop machine, ideally need to go from iPad to Nav 5.

I am giving it a quick tryout to see if it is worth the effort, but it is already proving to be problematical - do you have an answer to the above questions?

Engineer i did realise that was the method he would use, i was replying to prompt a correction or to make it clearer that was the way, and with reference to you wanting to go from ipad to nav as i have said before in reply to one of your questions on the subject this is of course possible, all be it not to the nav but the sd card, with a few must do and must have items that most people would not wish to do.

Motogoloco, won't save or export routes on my iPad for some reason.

You never use GPS routing as it is for wimps. Why are you even trying?

Ok how does one export the route from Motogoloco on an iPad to a desktop machine, ideally need to go from iPad to Nav 5.

I am giving it a quick tryout to see if it is worth the effort, but it is already proving to be problematical - do you have an answer to the above questions?

No answer whatsoever, as I use BaseCamp for all my needs, eschewing crappy third party software and the problems it appears to bring.

Nutty is your man. He's got it cracked.

I would imagine you save as gpx and email it to yourself

I dont know if the above is correct i dont use that site its a just an idea.

well having spent a couple of minutes on the site it appears you can save a file in various formats and also save the web address of the map that you could then copy and paste to an email to yourself. hope this helps.

Now having actually tried doing this from ipad via email it works, i use the ipad infrequently and find it cumbersome to do things like copy and paste and other things, but if i can manage it as a none apple user someone who uses an ipad all the time will piss it.
when you receive the link just click on it and it takes you to your page where the map is you can then do what you need from there. or You could just go to motogo loco after creating and saving your route from within the ipad and then go to your desktop mac or pc and open the site from there and do what you need to. Well hope you understand this.

I am soooooo happpppy that I create routes in BaseCamp. Every other way seems jolly hard.

I can maybe see an advantage if you are away, have an Internet connection, access to email, a card reader, an iPad.... And a bit of time.

Me? I think it's easier to take a small MacBook Air (or a similar tablet) and one lead.

Back
Top Bottom