Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: YAMAHA MT10

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

YAMAHA MT10

JUST THOUGHT ID SAY A COUPLE OF THINGS ABOUT MY MT10 TO MAYBE HELP OTHERS ON HERE.

COMFORT SEAT IS A MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT ON THE STANDARD PLANK.

YAMAHA TOURING SCREEN WORKS A TREAT WELL WORTH IT.

QUICK SHIFTER IS ALSO VERY GOOD AND EASY TO FIT.

OVERALL ITS A MEGA FUN LITTLE BIKE AND GREAT VALUE .

THE 3 STAGE TRACTION CONTROL IS VERY CLEVER BUT IT DOES SILLY THINGS IN SETTING 1 !!!!!!

Get some pictures up.

YAMAHA MT10

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb2006 View Post
    JUST THOUGHT ID SAY A COUPLE OF THINGS ABOUT MY MT10 TO MAYBE HELP OTHERS ON HERE.

COMFORT SEAT IS A MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT ON THE STANDARD PLANK.

YAMAHA TOURING SCREEN WORKS A TREAT WELL WORTH IT.

QUICK SHIFTER IS ALSO VERY GOOD AND EASY TO FIT.

OVERALL ITS A MEGA FUN LITTLE BIKE AND GREAT VALUE .

THE 3 STAGE TRACTION CONTROL IS VERY CLEVER BUT IT DOES SILLY THINGS IN SETTING 1 !!!!!!
    Surprised you've got quick shifter as mines on back order till 08 Aug along with the Akra.But agree with the screen and seat.Panniers fit very neatly too.Loving mine so far.Faster blue colour of course !

A mate has put this Austin Racing pipe on his which also ditches cat but it's just too loud even with db killer in !

So when can we hope to see this awesome new steed Arsey, or is it to remain imprisoned in the Channel Islands for a while?

If you bring it anywhere within a ride from Fareham give me a shout, I've not yet seen an MT10 on the road and would love to take a look. I can see its potential as a commuter/tourer/scratch weapon.

It looks awesome for the money, once my Daughter finishes her Masters and can afford a place of her own, I should be able to afford to trade my old R1 plus some cash towards one. Just the missus to convince, that's the difficult part.
    ADAM

2008 R1200GSA
    2011 Yamaha Tmax

Test ride done last week.
    Good value for money bike. Need a better seat. But most bikes do for me.

Well it ain't slow!!
    But I prefer the power delivery of a diavel.

I did get a px price on there demonstrators that's available for £9200 in two weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pukmeister View Post
    So when can we hope to see this awesome new steed Arsey, or is it to remain imprisoned in the Channel Islands for a while?

If you bring it anywhere within a ride from Fareham give me a shout, I've not yet seen an MT10 on the road and would love to take a look. I can see its potential as a commuter/tourer/scratch weapon.

It looks awesome for the money, once my Daughter finishes her Masters and can afford a place of her own, I should be able to afford to trade my old R1 plus some cash towards one. Just the missus to convince, that's the difficult part.
    Probably never as I head south not north !!! I'm taking the MT10 to Picos/Portugal next month though to give it a little outing.

Stunning bike-even better now quick shifter and Akra fitted.

Hi Arsey.

Is the akra any louder? do you have any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb2006 View Post
    Hi Arsey.

Is the akra any louder? do you have any pics?
    Not really louder , just a bit gruffer and deeper tone .

Sent from my iPhone using Tosserbollockery

Will it help you get rid of those chicken strips?
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post
    Will it help you get rid of those chicken strips?
    No I don't think so,you'll still be a dick

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    No I don't think so,you'll still be a dick
    that has to be the worst ever attempt at a Churchillian insult...
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

YAMAHA MT10

Just posted this in ride report but relevant here for anybody looking at trying/buying an MT 10 :

Quick update on the MT 10- I've done over 1500 miles on this trip so far . This has ranged from a 720 mile day blatting the length of France and well into Spain on autoroutes and then serious twisties for 100s of miles in Asturias, the Picos, and now the Pyrenees.
    I have 'Tracer-ized ' the bike by fitting most of the Yamaha extras which include the Comfort Seat, Akra, sport screen, heated grips, quick shifter, panniers, tank bag and hand guards .
    The panniers and tank bag are Yamaha branded SW Motech products. They integrate very well. The panniers fit very snug and the tank bag uses a quick release ring.
    The panniers aren't the biggest but they don't add the bulk and weight that you get with larger panniers so the bike doesn't feel loaded up. By adding a Kriega US20 which I Rok strap to the pillion seat , I've got enough stuff for this 2 week trip !!

So to the actual ride - the bike was a bit of an unknown quantity for me as I had only ridden it pottering round on Guernsey, but it felt right when I tested it and this has more than proved to be the case.
    It's possibly one of the best riding positions of any bike I've had - the comfort seat is amazing . It's one of those seats that never actually feels comfortable yet never gets uncomfortable , even after 700 miles and 14 hours in one day !!
    The seat/bar/peg position is perfect . The leg room is surprisingly good . I'm 6"1' and it's not cramped -I rode a mates Kwak SX 1000 and the pegs on that were much higher !
    The forward lean to the bars is just right and combined with the sport screen you can sit at 90 all day long with the cruise control on should you need to make progress. No aches, no back ache, nothing . On other bikes such as GSs etc I would have eventually felt it in my lower back but the MT has nailed it and the lean combined with just enough wind off the screen supports you perfectly .

The engine is sublime . I tend to ride in A mode as B is just a tad too twitchy on all but the smoothest roads. The power delivery is addictive and the bark from the Akra is mental !!!

Handling is fantastic with the Michelin Pilot Road 4s.

Niggles -very few .
    The suspension could be a tad more compliant at times.

Biggest niggle is tank range. Tank is 17 litres. At autoroute speeds it'll return 42 mpg and typically 125 miles to flashing empty but then still have 3 1/2 litres left so another 30 ish to empty . On normal roads , 46 mpg so about 135 miles then 30 left to dry.

If tank was say 22 litres then it would up the range to a good 165/175 plus reserve and that would be simple to do in one go due to the total comfort !

So , for me , a bike that has cost around £10k with all extras has exceeded all expectations totally and utterly . It is amazing . If you can only have 1 bike , don't think the MT 10 isn't suitable . It is !!

And every time you wind it open and feel that 155 bhp you will be laughing inside your helmet !!!

Very interesting.

I'm off to try and MT09 Tracer (again) at the weekend as after 6 months on an R1200RS I have decided that I much prefer an upright riding position.

I like the look of the MT10 and was sorely disappointed that Yamaha have said they won't be doing a Tracer version.
    From what you've said it seems like adding the accessory screen and comfort seat make it close enough to a Tracer to be a viable "light" tourer??
    Cheers

Steve

I can see it being the replacement for my R1200GSA .........

I have no qualms about getting "touratech-like" frames fab'd/fitted, and using my ArdCase/Metalmule panniers for distance work.

Reckon it would look like this....................... (would need an alternative end-can design, obviously)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

Quote Originally Posted by SPL View Post
    Very interesting.

I'm off to try and MT09 Tracer (again) at the weekend as after 6 months on an R1200RS I have decided that I much prefer an upright riding position.

I like the look of the MT10 and was sorely disappointed that Yamaha have said they won't be doing a Tracer version.
    From what you've said it seems like adding the accessory screen and comfort seat make it close enough to a Tracer to be a viable "light" tourer??
    Absolutely !!!

Add the screen and seat and you're sorted !!

Fit some Brembo pads , transforms the brakes apparently according to Fast Bikes..check out their MT10 Vlog on YouTube
    As the great philosopher Keating once wrote " Life is a rollercoaster, you just gotta ride it!" ------Amen

My current stable of "adventure bikes"
    2009 Guzzi V1200 Sport 8v Triple Black..my weekend sex kitten
    2014 VFR1200X Crosstourer Highlander DCT Camo.. my big trip missile

My BMW history, all gone but not forgotten. K1 , R1100GS, R1150GS, G650 XChallenge, R1200GS TB

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast