YAMAHA MT10

Interesting day yesterday and it seems to have proved you right Arsey ;)

Tried the Tracer first and didn't like it - suspension was harsh and despite the stiff setup it still felt a bit vague in the corners - not that taken with the engine either.
Took it back and went out on the 10 instead - Wow, what a bike!!

Puts me in mind of a modern Japanese interpretation of my Gen 1 Tuono (a bike I kept for years and reluctantly sold to a fellow Tosser a few months ago).
It's pretty firmly set up but handles brilliantly and feels very easy to ride, and that engine is not too shabby at all :rolleyes:
Will need the screen, seat, grips as you said (and I might take it in for a suspension setup) but I liked it enough to put down a deposit on the spot :aidan

My 6 month old R1200RS is now for sale :blast

Good lad !!!!

You'll love it ! What colour ? You'll need the quick shifter too !!

I'm sat in hotel in Sospel with the entire Routes Des Grandes Alpes awaiting me in the morning ! Wouldn't want to be on any other bike !

Sent from my iPhone using Tosserbollockery

Good lad !!!!
You'll love it ! What colour ? You'll need the quick shifter too !!
I'm sat in hotel in Sospel with the entire Routes Des Grandes Alpes awaiting me in the morning ! Wouldn't want to be on any other bike !
Sent from my iPhone using Tosserbollockery

I've provisionally ordered blue, but there are none available until next year, so I'll see if tehre are any new colours at the NEC before I finalise the order.
I'm not convinced on the shifter at all; I'm told it's only up (so no down blipper) and the gearbox is soooo smooth I can't see the benefit going up only.
If it was down as well as up I'd have one like a shot, but up only I reckon you might as well just use conventional clutchless shifts.

You still have to close the throttle when doing clutchless. I would deffo spec the quickshifter!

Just ordered mine Black on black. Panniers. Screen. Akra. Quick shifter and rad guards. Can't wait

And then they announce an SP version.

Should be stunning as my main complaint with MT 10 is the suspension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue wheels don't look right. They would look better in the gold colour my FZ1S had.

Resized.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And then they announce an SP version.
Should be stunning as my main complaint with MT 10 is the suspension
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm - I guess that depends on how firm the SCU sets the ride (and how much owner customization is available).
Probably get shot for saying on here, but the ESA on the S1000XR was just too damned hard for my liking and BMW's "we know best, so you can't change it" approach made the bike a no go for me.
I'll be asking questions at the NEC, but if SP delivers a compliant ride without compromising the handling too much I'll be having one like a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tosserbollockery[/QUOTE]

I did a similar thing in August sat in Albertville waiting to head south.
I turned off at Isola and headed to Barolo.
The disadvantage of doing most of the RdGA in one day is that all the passes merge into one in the memory!
Still, a brilliant day's riding!

the ESA on the S1000XR was just too damned hard for my liking and BMW's "we know best!

The ESA on the XR is crude and utter crap, all the other manufactures have moved on big time .

bmw esa

The ESA on the XR is crude and utter crap, all the other manufactures have moved on big time .
Must say the suspension on my xr was the reason i am back on a gs after six months!! even spoke to maxton to see if they could soften it:rob:rob a bit but the bike was to new they hadnt done one,might be poss now? the rest of the bike was brill.

I love the grey/Fluro colour scheme not into the blue wheels, I tried to change my order today for the SP but the dealer hasnt got a price for it as yet !!

Couldnt wait
Bought one today August 2016 16 plate 500 miles Akrapovic Full system, Quickshifter Tail tidy in Grey/Fluro Mint condition
Collect it next Saturday cant wiat
Rob

Couldnt wait
Bought one today August 2016 16 plate 500 miles Akrapovic Full system, Quickshifter Tail tidy in Grey/Fluro Mint condition
Collect it next Saturday cant wiat
Rob

Picture please Rob👍

Once you've had a quick shifter it's difficult to go back to classic.

I remember saying this when I fitted a translogic Quickshifter to a 2013 LC and got flamed ! Bizarrely it's one option everyone ticks now

must have been a fekking mind reader Mystic DING DONG LOL
seriously was that a guess from the description ??

Loved mine it was just to mad 4th gear 110 wheelies not good for the license ��

Back
Top Bottom