Long Way Down?

they already rumoured the final trip being long way up website nolonger available. patatagoonia to arlaaska 2008

word on the street march 10th is the day they leave from scootland cos Obi wan has to be back for the 30 years star wars show at Excel in July. I could be wrong but somehow doubt it.

have a look at www.loisontheloose.com she's just done the trip all by her lonesome and she a burd and everything.... bloody good read and nice pictures....

Hmm, no mention of which bikes they'll be on ...... :(

A quote from "BMW Bikes" Spring 2007 issue....

"Long Way down will see the two friends reunited as they embark on a mammoth journey from John O'Groats to Cape Tpwn, this time riding R1200GS Adventure motorcycles."

It also says it will take place in summer 2007.

they already rumoured the final trip being long way up website nolonger available. patatagoonia to arlaaska 2008

word on the street march 10th is the day they leave from scootland cos Obi wan has to be back for the 30 years star wars show at Excel in July. I could be wrong but somehow doubt it.

have a look at www.loisontheloose.com she's just done the trip all by her lonesome and she a burd and everything.... bloody good read and nice pictures....

Excellent!!! All credit to her, now she is someone who should be a genuine inspiration to people :clap :clap :clap

I agree the lois burd is defo a proper hero, proper mental trip and she just took it all in her stride on the little bike. She had some luck and got there in one piece! That's the beauty of being a nobody however when your "it" life is simply not that simple.

Obi Wan and Charlie well this is how I see it, Obi wan has to be back for July or give back the appearance fee for the Star Wars Gig at Excel it leaves only a 3-4 month window they have to go early March hence I'm making my educated guess at the 10th it's the launch for BMW's new season. Plus Charlie boy has to be back to promote do the dealer tours etc. that eats time, also they need a month prior to going to air to make any last changes to the doco, dependant on outcome, follow up interviews and all that jazz.

There can be success in failure but depends how you edit it together, they can't go too late as setting up shots and accidental meetings with complete strangers and all that can't be done on the fly it takes months of planning for spontaneaous, entertaining and informative filming. What you see is never really what happend watch any closeup magician and you'll see what I'm saying.

If they go later there's always the weather another factor.

Good luck to them, at least with Ewan going we know it will make better viewing.

Wonder if they will be bump in to Lois on the way back up ;)

now that would make brilliant TV, they meet some lone british nutter in the middle of the bush on his C90 cooking breakfast on an open fire wearing a pith helmet... who's never heard of either of'em cos he's been away adventuring...

I also must say I do wish the whle team not just the 2 main characters going on LWD the very best and hope they have safe trip. What LWR and this trip have done is project not just adventure cycling but adventure sports in general into a main stream format.

Making it accessible to ordinary people for fill their boots with adventure in the customary 2 weeks respite from working to pay the rent.

He's alright...

... personally I loved the series Long Way Round and can't wait for the Long Way Down... I would LOVE to be in the position of being able to afford the time and money to do what they are doing.

Attachments

• Simon & Charlie Boorman2.jpg
    Simon & Charlie Boorman2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 339
glad you said it, was thinking must ask him when I get book signed who his dentist is and avoid that person like plague!

March 10th...X-Challenge dealer launch day......perhaps claudio will be trailing along behind on one?!!

signs of having the plague is getting big lumps under your armpits CB must be well ill cos his is massive and looks like real person.

(PS sorry to who ever that is obviously your not the plague but a real person)

Even Longer Way Down Now

Anybody know when they're leaving Scotland? I'm up there at Easter with a few mates and the thought of bumping into Charlie and Ewan plus about a million back up crew just fills me with joy:augie
After the leg break it'll be put back about 6 weeks then?:blast

Long Way Down

Indeed the last post seems right, September is depart time for Ewan & Charley, I guess otherwise they would roast in the African heat!

Did you know, that there is a possible Long Way Up? going from south america to the USA, on I think the pan americas highway?

I think the idea is, a 18 month break after LWD for the guys to earn a few more millions, then do the LWU trip.

I also just have to say about Charley & Ewan, a lot of people give them a slagging, but watching LWR really inspired me again. If they can get away on trips, even if it is semi commerical, fair play to em!

Also having met and had a chat with Charley, he's a top geezer!

Cheers

Paul

:beer:

Good on yer Tase'y BIG JIM the 1100 gs is a brill pice of kit
mine coming up to 15,000 thou and is superb. always put a smile on my face
when i'm out.
Big Al.

Back
Top Bottom