Goretex Warranty

howdoo

Reaction score
My 4 year old Daytona boots started leaking a couple of weeks ago during a trip to Scotland.
Clearly the standard warranty from Daytona/Hein Gerick was long gone, but Goretex offer a lifetime warranty on their products.
I emailed them and sent some pictures of the boots and within 1 week they sent me a new pair of boots.
If your Goretex clothing starts leaking, don't just bin it.

Did you email Daytona or gortex? Just curious as I thought Daytona took boots back and repaired but either way a result for you. If you don't ask you won't get, always worth a try.

Funny enough, just got round to contacting Gore following my early June Italian trip where (in torrential rain) both my Dainese boots and my Rukka SRO leaked.

It was Infinity that suggested it would be worth a call (thanks Trev).

I explained that the SRO was purchased by me from eBay around six years ago, I was told by the seller that it was six months old. Gore said that as I didn't buy it new it wouldn't be covered under the normal warranty but to send pictures in so they could advise how much it would cost to repair. I also told them that Rukka had replaced a panel in the right hand arm after an off in North Wales.

They also wanted pictures of my boots, inside, labels, uppers and soles to determine whether they had reached the end of their useful life, whilst on the phone to Gore, I nipped to the garage and had a look at the tread and I admitted on the phone that they were more worn than I remembered.

Anyway, sent shed loads of pictures on Wednesday (after cleaning everything, to make sure they looked as good as possible).

Just had a phone call from Gore in Spain this morning, up shot is unbelievable.

My boots are so old Dainese don't make this model any more so I have been given two model names to try and they will supply free of charge.

They are sending me parcel labels for the boots and will dispatch my preferred model as soon as they get confirmation that I have posted the old ones, they are also sending a label for my Rukka and have agreed that if it can be repaired it will be done free of charge, they added that if I had been the original purchaser and it couldn't be repaired it would have been replaced.

What about that for service, they even apologised that I may be without my Rukka for two or three weeks!

Did you email Daytona or gortex? Just curious as I thought Daytona took boots back and repaired but either way a result for you. If you don't ask you won't get, always worth a try.

I looked Goretex up on the WWW and emailed them from their site.
It was very simple and took 2 weeks from first email to receiving the new boots.

Back
Top Bottom