Klim jacket sizing

younger06

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, there are no Klim dealers in Ireland so if I pull the trigger on some Klim gear, it's online shopping only. My question is, is XXL in Klim Jackets fairly similar to a euro60 ???

I have an idea about the pants having bought some of the jeans that where on offer during the summer.

(Klim Latitude 2015)

I bought one, size large, usually I have to get XL on most jackets, I would say Klim are true sizes not vanity sizes.

I bought one, size large, usually I have to get XL on most jackets, I would say Klim are true sizes not vanity sizes.

Klim gear tends to be sized larger than most gear - I take XXL in Rukka but XL in Klim.

I am a 50 inch chest so got xxl fits me well on the shoulders but as I am a 36 in waste it's a bit loose in that department

The Klim website has a comparison chart where you can put a known fit of jacket and it will tell you how the equivalent fit of Klim - I found it spot on when compared to my Spider Skiing jacket

As a few have said, Klim sizes are a bit bigger than normal. I measured myself carefully and used their sizing chart. According to the chart, I was right between Medium and Large. I bought the large, but I was lost in it. The medium fits with enough to spare to fit two heavy jumpers under it.

I can't recommend adventurebikeshop.co.uk highly enough. I bought the Klim Badlands jacket and trousers from them. When I realised that the large was too big, I phoned to ask how to go about getting it exchanged. Jenny said it was no problem, she'd get the courier to collect it. The courier arrived an hour later (in very rural co. Galway) and collected it. I had the medium jacket a few days later. They didn't charge me for any of the shipping. I recommend ringing them because the website wanted to charge me £59.99 for postage to Ireland, but Jenny sorted free shipping for me.

As a few have said, Klim sizes are a bit bigger than normal. I measured myself carefully and used their sizing chart. According to the chart, I was right between Medium and Large. I bought the large, but I was lost in it. The medium fits with enough to spare to fit two heavy jumpers under it.

I can't recommend adventurebikeshop.co.uk highly enough. I bought the Klim Badlands jacket and trousers from them. When I realised that the large was too big, I phoned to ask how to go about getting it exchanged. Jenny said it was no problem, she'd get the courier to collect it. The courier arrived an hour later (in very rural co. Galway) and collected it. I had the medium jacket a few days later. They didn't charge me for any of the shipping. I recommend ringing them because the website wanted to charge me £59.99 for postage to Ireland, but Jenny sorted free shipping for me.

Thanks. How do you find the Badlands??

I love them. I also bought the Klim Element Long gloves because I figured there's no point having waterproof jacket and trousers, only to get wet hands.

They took a bit of breaking in. The collar feels high at first because it's stiff and my left hand got tired from working the clutch the first few times I had the gloves on, but after a few weekends they broke in and they're fine now.

I was looking forward to a good rain shower to "test" the gear but every time it rained I was a bit disappointed because I felt it hadn't been a "good" shower. It was only when I was riding with a friend one day and he said "I thought that last shower would never stop" that I realised they were proper rain showers, but you just don't notice it with the Badlands on.

There's loads of ventilation in them too. I wore them back in May when we had the fine weather and there was plenty of airflow. The gloves were far too warm for that weather, though. I'm going to Morocco in September and I reckon the Badlands with mesh gloves (such as the Alpinestars SMX-1 Air) will be a perfect combination.

They are not just a 'straight size bigger', the sizing is a bit weird in so much as the shoulders to torso ratio is a bit different from other makes so either try one on (which you can't) or as has been suggested, buy from a company with a good exchange policy.

As has been said, they take a while to break in so stick with them, I wasn't impressed with mine when I first got it for this reason but am happy now that the material has softened up.

Pros:
Now broken in it fits beautifully and is very comfy. They look good. The internal harness/kidney belt takes a lot of the weight and makes it feel as if you're wearing something half it's weight.
100% waterproof. All the pockets are too which is nice.
Crash protection - whilst not tested it looks to be very sturdy (eg ceramic bead coating in high abrasion areas).
Beautifully made, should last a while.

Cons:
Fecking hot in proper hot weather (high 20's / 30's). Even with all the plentiful vents open it's fecking hot. Horribly hot. This is where a Gortex lined jacket is sooooo much better as you can remove the lining and be nice and cool in the heat. Personally I'd describe it as a 3 season jacket. Mind you, it's nice and cosy in the winter with only a couple of decent merino thin layers underneath.

Is it worth the high price? The jury is still out...............

Andres

Thanks for the replies lads.

I've now started to look at the cheaper, lower spec "Overland" as I already have a heavy laminated Halvarssons suit for the really bad weather.

Any thoughts?

Sent from a OnePlusX

If you are lucky like I am you can try any Klim product on
Crescent Suzuki verwood have a full range of Klim kit

I have a Badlands because I found my Armas too hot in hot weather and wanted to obtain as close as possible to the holy grail of a 4 season jacket.

In essence for me it has turned out to be a 3 season jacket but excluding winter and INCLUDING summer.

The lack of a liner makes it too chilly in the winter despite all my layering.

For the summer and mainland europe trips I find it excellent and well vented especially compared to the Armas.

Size wise they are pretty big and a Large equates to a comfy 44"

One step up from the Rukka is the Goretex Pro which means the rain just drips away unlike the Rukka which absorbed the water and created puddles wherever you stopped.

It has loads of great pockets and the inbuilt kidney belt is class. Plus it makes you look like a Dakar legend in shop windows :D

Plus it makes you look like a Dakar legend in shop windows :D

That was defo the main selling point for me :D

Funny isn't it how people are different; I always overheat in most bike gear (other than my Twatt suit which really is the hot weather gold standard for me) but don't feel the cold in winter - that's hot blooded Spaniards for you! ;)

Andres

I have a Klim Overland and Badlands both in Xxl
They are both great jackets, the overland is a lot lighter but only 3 external pockets
I'm 6 Foot 5 and 48 inch chest and both fit well . For the Klim trousers I went for the long leg
As Andres says the badlands feels lighter on than off
Adventure warehouse will I think exchange if it does not fit
Sizing Is slightly bigger than Alpinstars which I had before in which I was an xxxl
As fore belstaff the equivalent is. 6xl :eek:
The badlands is very expensive so worth trying before buying
Most big bike shows will have a Klim stand to try stuff on
You will not be disappointed :thumb2

Window reflection factor is always very high on the list of requirements!!

Sent from a OnePlusX

P.S Adventure Bike Warehouse did me a great deal and shipping was v quick

I have a Klim Overland and Badlands both in Xxl
They are both great jackets, the overland is a lot lighter but only 3 external pockets
I'm 6 Foot 5 and 48 inch chest and both fit well . For the Klim trousers I went for the long leg
As Andres says the badlands feels lighter on than off
Adventure warehouse will I think exchange if it does not fit
Sizing Is slightly bigger than Alpinstars which I had before in which I was an xxxl
As fore belstaff the equivalent is. 6xl :eek:
The badlands is very expensive so worth trying before buying
Most big bike shows will have a Klim stand to try stuff on
You will not be disappointed :thumb2
Do you feel properly protected in the Overland?

Sent from a OnePlusX

The Overland looks like something you'd do the gardening in - Dakar look or bust!!!

I have a Badlands because I found my Armas too hot in hot weather and wanted to obtain as close as possible to the holy grail of a 4 season jacket.

In essence for me it has turned out to be a 3 season jacket but excluding winter and INCLUDING summer.

The lack of a liner makes it too chilly in the winter despite all my layering.

For the summer and mainland europe trips I find it excellent and well vented especially compared to the Armas.

Size wise they are pretty big and a Large equates to a comfy 44"

One step up from the Rukka is the Goretex Pro which means the rain just drips away unlike the Rukka which absorbed the water and created puddles wherever you stopped.

It has loads of great pockets and the inbuilt kidney belt is class. Plus it makes you look like a Dakar legend in shop windows :D
Getting cold in the winter won't be a problem for me, I "run hot"
I take the liners out of any gear I've ever had and they never go back in!!

Sent from a OnePlusX

Back
Top Bottom