Bordeaux 2017

(RIP) Andy007

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi fellow GSER’s

I have had many enquiries over the last month or so about running a trailer/s to Bordeaux giving access to the Pyrenees + Picos mountains etc. So I have been doing some homework on a suitable hotel with parking for the truck/s located close to the airport etc.
I am now pleased to let you know that I will be running a trailer to Bordeaux in 2017 and a second trailer will be available if there is sufficient demand.

General Plan.

Transport
Saturday 8th July 17 Load the bikes at shorts rec club Holywood rd Belfast
Wednesday 12th July 17 Bikes will arrive in Bordeaux the early hours and be available from 8am and throughout the day depending on individual travel plans.
Thursday 20th July 17 The bikes will be required to be back at the trucks for loading between 4 – 7pm that evening, a more detailed breakdown of individual loading times will be communicated closer to the time.
Sunday 23rd July 17 Bikes will be available for collection in Belfast from 10am – 12noon.
(The trailer capacity is 18 bikes)

Flights
Aer Lingus operates a daily flight Dublin to Bordeaux, (just watch out as the flight times differ each day).
Easy Jet operates return flights on a Wednesday and Saturday Belfast to Bordeaux throughout the summer period.
It will be up to you to book the relevant flights that suit you, there are many options available that can combine the 2 airlines, and you can also get another full days riding out of this trip if you fly out on Tuesday 11th July enabling you to pick your bike up @ 8am Wednesday morning.

Hotel
The hotel were the trucks will be parked is the Ibis Bordeaux Sud Pessac.

Cost
£390 per bike, a deposit of £190 to be paid by 1st Sept to secure your place, this will be based on a first come first served basis and a reserve list will then operate. The balance of £200 is to be paid by 1st April 2017.

What to do now
Contact me directly to show your interest and secure your place / places ASAP and I will send you further details.

Point to note
All the above information was e-mailed out a week ago to anyone who over the last 6 years has had there bike moved by me to Geneva, so at the present time 11 places on the first trailer are now filled leaving only 7 places left. Plus there is one bike only using the outbound leg so there currently is one space on the return leg if this fits in with anyone’s plans!

As I said earlier a second trailer will be available if there is the demand and it can be filled!

So please do not hold of booking your place because the second trailer will not be confirmed as a runner until it is filled so you may lose out.

Any questions just give me a shout.

Contact details boltoa1@hotmail.co.uk or 07773846146
Andy Bolton

You do great work organising these trucks Andy. Fair play to you.

Thread "stickified" now as is the norm. :thumb2

Here is an update
12 places now taken with 6 remaining on the first trailer.

Cheers

Andy

Update
16 places now taken, leaving 2 on the first trailer, that said there could be a 19th place depending on the bike make model size I.e not a GS ! yes I know not everyone rides a GS who subscribes to this site :blast

Further update
The first trailer is now full.

The second trailer has 11 bikes confirmed with 7 places remaining.

Any fence sitters now is the time to make your move 😎

Andy

That's me booked now too. Thanks for all your help Andy and your work in setting this all up.

For anyone else considering this do give Andy a shout as he really does have it well organised and all the bases covered. :thumb2

Hi Dermot
Thanks for booking onto the transport to Bordeaux , that leaves just 4 places left.

Slight amendment to the original info I sent out, as Christmas is looming the deposit is now lowered to £50 with the full balance due on 1st April 17 ;-)

Andy

Update

Hi All
There are now 4 places left and 2 return places I.E coming back only.

Payment terms are now changed to a deposit of £50 (due to the time of year and flights will have to be booked too)
and balance paid by 1st June, monthly payments via PayPal very welcome.

Andy

Another place taken today, so 2 remaining, if your sitting on the fence it's time to take the plunge ��

Andy

I wish I had seen this sooner but have other plans in place that weeks which need the bike Bummer

I hope you got the trailer full Andy

Yes two trailers full , well two places still free on the second one, but hey that's 34 bikers going on an adventure and that's what it's all about ;-) (oh a few pillions too)

There's always next year!
Dates for 2018 will be posted up on here late August early September :beerjug:

Hi Guys

anyone flying into Bordeaux on the morning off July 12th ? wanting to share a taxi from airport to hotel Ibis?

Back
Top Bottom