New scrambler

Just had a text from NOG inviting me (and no doubt everyone else on their database :rolleyes:) along for a special preview of the Scrambler

Demos available and deliverable stock for September :augie

I've just been out this afternoon on NOG's demo

Did about 30 miles and really liked the bike especially the engine and gearbox :thumby:

The semi off road Karoos are a bit squirmy under load but despite this I thought it handled really well :augie

The seat is like a plank of wood but not as bad as the concrete block like O.E. R Nine-T saddle :eek:

But the exhaust is WOW :eek: For a stock system to sound that nice is unbelievable :clap

Will I be ordering one? It's a no from me as October simply isn't the right time of year to buying an unfaired motorcycle especially when I already have two GSA's sat in the garage. Come next year though when hopefully there will be a more GS styled bike available I can feel a trigger being pulled :D:thumb

Did about 30 miles and really liked the bike especially the engine and gearbox :thumby:

The semi off road Karoos are a bit squirmy under load but despite this I thought it handled really well :augie

The seat is like a plank of wood but not as bad as the concrete block like O.E. R Nine-T saddle :eek:

But the exhaust is WOW :eek: For a stock system to sound that nice is unbelievable :clap

Will I be ordering one? It's a no from me as October simply isn't the right time of year to buying an unfaired motorcycle especially when I already have two GSA's sat in the garage. Come next year though when hopefully there will be a more GS styled bike available I can feel a trigger being pulled :D:thumb

I found the Triumph scramble a lot more fun to ride than the R9T, do you like the new scrambler over Triumph's?

My own Triumph is a T100 converted to look like a Scrambler. I have never even sat on let alone ridden a standard Triumph Scrambler !

I like the look of the R Nine-T but I found the riding position a little too 'sporty' for my portly, aging frame so the BMW Scrambler was always going to be on my list of possible bikes to buy. Having now ridden one, I'm not disappointed but just happy to wait and see exactly what BMW introduce to the market year

Good to hear
Will try and get a test ride before I pick mine up but to be honest I've already bought it !
Mine will have road tyres, a mate who did the MCN shoot said it was a bit vague with the off road boots
I've been using my GSA all week and must say have not a negative thing to say about it, so may keep it as well
Hell you can't have too many bikes
I don't buy expensive cars, 2 old W124's so reckon I can justify 3 bikes . Cheers

Out on the demo today, a glorious sunny day down here
What a hoot of a bike
Compact and beautifully made
A real growl from the exaust and handling a bit odd with the Karoo tyres, but got better with miles
Loved it, really loved it, reminded me of the bikes I grew up on
Looking forward to having mine in the garage
Certainly not a replacement for the GSA which felt like an armchair afterwards
But a really fun bike

Ah ok sorry i forgot!! (try the scrambler its ace :D )

My own Triumph is a T100 converted to look like a Scrambler. I have never even sat on let alone ridden a standard Triumph Scrambler !

I like the look of the R Nine-T but I found the riding position a little too 'sporty' for my portly, aging frame so the BMW Scrambler was always going to be on my list of possible bikes to buy. Having now ridden one, I'm not disappointed but just happy to wait and see exactly what BMW introduce to the market year

Out on the demo today, a glorious sunny day down here
What a hoot of a bike
Compact and beautifully made
A real growl from the exaust and handling a bit odd with the Karoo tyres, but got better with miles
Loved it, really loved it, reminded me of the bikes I grew up on
Looking forward to having mine in the garage
Certainly not a replacement for the GSA which felt like an armchair afterwards
But a really fun bike

any pics mate?

I got this one from my run out yesterday :thumby:

Image0117_zpsyfotopdc.jpg

Picked mine up today
Lovely :D
It goes well, much better on the on road tyres great gear change , neutral handling and you can throw it about with ease
Roomier than the R9T but my GSA is like an armchair in comparison
A nice basic bike, looks easy to look after and sounds amazing with the stock pipe
Lovin it :thumby:

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 756

Back
Top Bottom