ICELAND - A game of three halves

Just luvin' it :roll:bounce1

Great write up with some fantastic photos, thanks for sharing!

great photo's mate and thanks for such a great trip,

if you get a chance to do this trip please do so, very interesting place to ride

cheers Spud :aidan

Very good that!

Lots of that land looks like a moonscape .

How did the Tarra perform Tim ?

Timolgra;4447635I waited and waited........................ it was only there for a moment then gone. [IMG said:
https://photos.smugmug.com/Travel/Iceland-2016/i-49nqBXM/0/X3/DSCF2388-X3.jpg[/IMG]

Stunning picture Tim. And a great write up.

In your own time...:tumbleweed

Thanks for sharing your travels Tim. Amazing.

Some fantastic photography there. A trip that I'd love to do at some time.

The following morning it was hard to believe this lovely spot at Möðrudalur is not only the highest inhabited place in Iceland but also boasts the lowest recorded temperature.

Mark showing a bit of leg .......

DSCF2391-L.jpg

The Geordies with Bob showing more than a bit of leg

DSCF2392-L.jpg

'Hinge and Bracket' getting some breakfast.

DSCF2390-L.jpg

We had expected to get fuel here but the tanks were dry, some of the bikes wouldn't have had enough fuel to reach Myvatn to the west but we could go east 20 miles or so along the gravel road which used to be part of the ring road then head back and onto Myvatn.

We also had to forgo another ride in the Askja region as the HP2 desperately needed an oil change after yesterdays dunking so it was an easy day in a round about way to the beautiful Myvatn.

I didn't take any photos there but this was taken along the gravel road after finding fuel.

DSCF2395-X3.jpg

Today is going to be a Man's day!

We intend to ride all or as much as we can of the F26 Sprengisandur route...and some.

More on the Sprengisandur soon.

We set off from Myvatn on tarmac to stop at Godafoss where we'll fill bellies and fuel tanks as there's no food, no fuel, no anything until right across the other side.

I've roughly marked the route we did today in Red, most of it gravel roads and river crossings.

iceland.jpg

Back
Top Bottom