Iceland adventure 2017

I might be over 6 months early but went for a loaded test ride today :D

DSCF3639-XL.jpg

Looks very tasty Tim, are you keeping the 640 too or is it now sulking in the back of the garage?

I've managed to squeeze on to the 2nd trip having only just noticed the thread last night :blast. Thanks merlings1200, I'm stoked.....!

As it is never too early to prepare (and it is only 6 months away), can I please have some thoughts on the most suitable tyre for this trip? I have a 2011 GSA.

I've managed to squeeze on to the 2nd trip having only just noticed the thread last night :blast. Thanks merlings1200, I'm stoked.....!

As it is never too early to prepare (and it is only 6 months away), can I please have some thoughts on the most suitable tyre for this trip? I have a 2011 GSA.

Tim French rode his 1200adv very well using TKC80s and I've used them extensively on a GS but given they're not needed for a big mileage I'd consider a fresh pair of Mitas E10s which should inspire more confidence in the front end. :beerjug:

Img has a pair of new Mitas in the for sale section too, provided they're the right size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim French rode his 1200adv very well using TKC80s and I've used them extensively on a GS but given they're not needed for a big mileage I'd consider a fresh pair of Mitas E10s which should inspire more confidence in the front end. :beerjug:

Thank you Timolgra, really appreciated...

Having read Cabby's comments on his previous experiences with you guys I'm seriously considering whether or not to go now. Will you be there to warm up my duvet, fluff my pillows and read me a story?

Having read Cabby's comments on his previous experiences with you guys I'm seriously considering whether or not to go now. Will you be there to warm up my duvet, fluff my pillows and read me a story?

That's more of Mark's domain but I can bring my favourite book of Billy Goat Gruff to read for you..... If it's not too scary :D

And I like my early morning cup of tea in a very large mug please. No sugar and not too strong. I'm presuming it's included in the extortionate fee I'm paying...... :augie

I normally use TKC80 tyres but I thought that I would try Michelin Anakee Wild tyres for a change

Will be giving them a proper try tomorrow over in the byways of Essex meeting my mate over at Newport. Should be slippy.

Now seem a good time as any to say we have one place left on both trips we are running July 2017.
Trip Dates
First trip. 30th June - 11th July
Second Trip 21st July - 1st Aug
Mark :thumb

Tyres performed well and Essex was fun and a bit on the slippy side in places.

Chapeau. That looks very impressive. My GSA is tucked up under a duvet in the corner of the garage with the tortoise at the moment (but in my defence, I do have an enduro bike to play with).

Could you notice a difference between the Anakee Wild and the TKC 80?

Chapeau. That looks very impressive. My GSA is tucked up under a duvet in the corner of the garage with the tortoise at the moment (but in my defence, I do have an enduro bike to play with).

Could you notice a difference between the Anakee Wild and the TKC 80?
Can't say that I notice any difference between the Anakee Wild and the TKC 80. Perhaps they will last a bit longer?

Get the GSA out from under the duvet and come and join us. Using an Enduro would be cheating although probably more sensible!

Great to see your getting some practice in!
Any excuse to get out and ride off road especially at this time of year. Far better than riding a road bike with all the crap on the roads at the moment.

Will have to get out there fully loaded which should be fun.:thumb

Not so off road a tyre but my mate was using Hydenau tyres and he reckoned that he got 10K out of the last rear tyre.

+1 for Hydenau's, used them in Alaska and they're good on the road too

Back
Top Bottom