Iceland adventure 2017

15337bac957d414d13644a0ded3653ea.jpg

Get the kettle on Hatto!

Sent from my iPhone whilst sitting on the loo.

cf5edfb05a34a6ed2ccbd92fa6f692a7.jpg

Ace weekend. Learned loads, including a lot of utter bollocks. Now even more excited about the trip than ever. Good to meet everyone and their bikes - some rather too intimately (the bikes). Massive thanks to Mark, Judith & Tim. Legends, one and all!

iceland 2017 one place available

Great weekend on the shake down.....shake up trip meeting
Due to one rider pulling out there is one place available on the second trip 21st July to 1st Aug
PM me for more info

More shaking down shenanigans.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="qV8sFmX"><a href="//imgur.com/qV8sFmX"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="cYT2UlH"><a href="//imgur.com/cYT2UlH"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="H011RNt"><a href="//imgur.com/H011RNt"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="Nil1cEC"><a href="//imgur.com/Nil1cEC"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="JNSVi2W"><a href="//imgur.com/JNSVi2W"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Even more here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rupertjordan/albums/72157682199969480

You've got good eyesight Wreford. I was just checking to see if my pannier would take in water with the lid open. Somehow the Ortlieb roll bag took in muddy water after it had been submerged.

Not in shot is the drone deployed by Rupert. Looking forward to some interesting video!

Lost count the number of times that my bike had a lie down. Glad that I went for Metal Mule panniers which stood up to the pounding. Probably best to lock the lids though. I did have a problem with the roll bag turning the tops of the aluminium lids into a sort of grinding paste mess where the grit got between the two. Need to work out a way to stop this happening because I expect the Iceland dirt to be just as abrasive. I'm thinking of useing something like helicopter tape on the top of the lid.

Tim showing how it should be done with the minimum of fuss.

Had a puncture on the first day which made for an interesting cattle grid crossing/slide before I fully realised. A Stop and Go plug wouldn't fully seal it and required pumping up at regular intervals. Unfortunately the tyre was a write off because the puncture was a split and our local tyre place would not repair it. Despite the horrible howl that Michelin Annakee Wild tyres make on tarmac above 35 mph, I ordered another one because the tread lasted much better than TKC80s.

Such a brilliant weekend. Fantastic from start to finish despite the occasional close up track inspections. Many thanks to everyone who assisted in helping to get my bike upright when I was silly enough to drop it. I must admit to being totally knackered today with the odd bruise and ache.

A huge thanks to Mark and Tim for looking after us so well.

And a special thanks to Judith for the excellent drinks and delicious cakes. All the more for the intrepid seven who stayed to the end.

You've got good eyesight Wreford. I was just checking to see if my pannier would take in water with the lid open. Somehow the Ortlieb roll bag took in muddy water after it had been submerged.

Not in shot is the drone deployed by Rupert. Looking forward to some interesting video!

Lost count the number of times that my bike had a lie down. Glad that I went for Metal Mule panniers which stood up to the pounding. Probably best to lock the lids though. I did have a problem with the roll bag turning the tops of the aluminium lids into a sort of grinding paste mess where the grit got between the two. Need to work out a way to stop this happening because I expect the Iceland dirt to be just as abrasive. I'm thinking of useing something like helicopter tape on the top of the lid.

Tim showing how it should be done with the minimum of fuss.

Had a puncture on the first day which made for an interesting cattle grid crossing/slide before I fully realised. A Stop and Go plug wouldn't fully seal it and required pumping up at regular intervals. Unfortunately the tyre was a write off because the puncture was a split and our local tyre place would not repair it. Despite the horrible howl that Michelin Annakee Wild tyres make on tarmac above 35 mph, I ordered another one because the tread lasted much better than TKC80s.

Such a brilliant weekend. Fantastic from start to finish despite the occasional close up track inspections. Many thanks to everyone who assisted in helping to get my bike upright when I was silly enough to drop it. I must admit to being totally knackered today with the odd bruise and ache.

A huge thanks to Mark and Tim for looking after us so well.

And a special thanks to Judith for the excellent drinks and delicious cakes. All the more for the intrepid seven who stayed to the end.

Don't worry Tom, you're not the only one feeling a tad tired! And I'm not surprised you've got the odd bruise - you bounce well and so does your bike!

- you bounce well and so does your bike!

Unlike my bike with £400 of damage to put it back to how it was moments before Clive/Wilburt ran into it and now playing the silly fucker with no apology and the only tentative offer was to give me the money after I gave him my old fairing because he has a mate who wants it......erm and what am I supposed to do meantime while I'm waiting a few weeks for a new one to be delivered from Australia? :rolleyes:

Hope you get sorted Tim. Mine currently looks like this while the air filter is drying after a soaking at the weekend.
c3147519d1943f71372e1ab0d6e87ef7.jpg

Thanks fellas. Agree entirely with Tim's comments about Smug n Snowy - those old boys certainly worked their bikes well.

Back
Top Bottom