Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Jealous .. enjoy chaps

Come on boys ready to go
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Joe narvey View Post
    Jealous .. enjoy chaps
    After spending another amazing weekend with Mark and Tim in prep for my second trip to Iceland with them - I know of one cancellation - and I for one would welcome you aboard

Ace weekend. Learned loads, including a lot of utter bollocks. Now even more excited about the trip than ever. Good to meet everyone and their bikes - some rather too intimately (the bikes). Massive thanks to Mark, Judith & Tim. Legends, one and all!

Sent from my iPhone whilst sitting on the loo.

north west, wales Where roads were built for bikes

Is that Tom's 1150 in the drink
    Sell my bike?
    I would rather stick wasps up my arse !

Excellent piccies of a top weekend....

Quote Originally Posted by Wreford Miles View Post
    Is that Tom's 1150 in the drink
    Might be

iceland 2017 one place available

Great weekend on the shake down.....shake up trip meeting
    Due to one rider pulling out there is one place available on the second trip 21st July to 1st Aug
    PM me for more info

Quote Originally Posted by MilkMaid View Post

That looks shallower than usual?? I usually end up taking the bridge -

Quote Originally Posted by PDiddy View Post
    That looks shallower than usual?? I usually end up taking the bridge -
    I haven't got to the deep bit yet.
    KEA

More shaking down shenanigans.

Even more here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rupert...57682199969480

You've got good eyesight Wreford. I was just checking to see if my pannier would take in water with the lid open. Somehow the Ortlieb roll bag took in muddy water after it had been submerged.

Not in shot is the drone deployed by Rupert. Looking forward to some interesting video!

Lost count the number of times that my bike had a lie down. Glad that I went for Metal Mule panniers which stood up to the pounding. Probably best to lock the lids though. I did have a problem with the roll bag turning the tops of the aluminium lids into a sort of grinding paste mess where the grit got between the two. Need to work out a way to stop this happening because I expect the Iceland dirt to be just as abrasive. I'm thinking of useing something like helicopter tape on the top of the lid.

Tim showing how it should be done with the minimum of fuss.

Had a puncture on the first day which made for an interesting cattle grid crossing/slide before I fully realised. A Stop and Go plug wouldn't fully seal it and required pumping up at regular intervals. Unfortunately the tyre was a write off because the puncture was a split and our local tyre place would not repair it. Despite the horrible howl that Michelin Annakee Wild tyres make on tarmac above 35 mph, I ordered another one because the tread lasted much better than TKC80s.

Such a brilliant weekend. Fantastic from start to finish despite the occasional close up track inspections. Many thanks to everyone who assisted in helping to get my bike upright when I was silly enough to drop it. I must admit to being totally knackered today with the odd bruise and ache.

A huge thanks to Mark and Tim for looking after us so well.

And a special thanks to Judith for the excellent drinks and delicious cakes. All the more for the intrepid seven who stayed to the end.
    Anyone riding slower than you is an idiot, and anyone riding faster than you is a maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Smug View Post
    You've got good eyesight Wreford. I was just checking to see if my pannier would take in water with the lid open. Somehow the Ortlieb roll bag took in muddy water after it had been submerged.

Not in shot is the drone deployed by Rupert. Looking forward to some interesting video!

Lost count the number of times that my bike had a lie down. Glad that I went for Metal Mule panniers which stood up to the pounding. Probably best to lock the lids though. I did have a problem with the roll bag turning the tops of the aluminium lids into a sort of grinding paste mess where the grit got between the two. Need to work out a way to stop this happening because I expect the Iceland dirt to be just as abrasive. I'm thinking of useing something like helicopter tape on the top of the lid.

Tim showing how it should be done with the minimum of fuss.

Had a puncture on the first day which made for an interesting cattle grid crossing/slide before I fully realised. A Stop and Go plug wouldn't fully seal it and required pumping up at regular intervals. Unfortunately the tyre was a write off because the puncture was a split and our local tyre place would not repair it. Despite the horrible howl that Michelin Annakee Wild tyres make on tarmac above 35 mph, I ordered another one because the tread lasted much better than TKC80s.

Such a brilliant weekend. Fantastic from start to finish despite the occasional close up track inspections. Many thanks to everyone who assisted in helping to get my bike upright when I was silly enough to drop it. I must admit to being totally knackered today with the odd bruise and ache.

A huge thanks to Mark and Tim for looking after us so well.

And a special thanks to Judith for the excellent drinks and delicious cakes. All the more for the intrepid seven who stayed to the end.
    Don't worry Tom, you're not the only one feeling a tad tired! And I'm not surprised you've got the odd bruise - you bounce well and so does your bike!

Quote Originally Posted by MilkMaid View Post
    - you bounce well and so does your bike!
    Unlike my bike with £400 of damage to put it back to how it was moments before Clive/Wilburt ran into it and now playing the silly fucker with no apology and the only tentative offer was to give me the money after I gave him my old fairing because he has a mate who wants it......erm and what am I supposed to do meantime while I'm waiting a few weeks for a new one to be delivered from Australia?
    KEA

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Hope you get sorted Tim. Mine currently looks like this while the air filter is drying after a soaking at the weekend.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast