Bikesafe - Met Police - brilliant

Merseyside Bikesafe

Merseyside run a Bikesafe course and its on 10th and 12th of September
A few people said they've been on it and spot on reports so far :clap:thumb2

Bikesafe

Did one yesterday with Essex Police, excellent day, many pointers, when filling in the forms I realised that I have been riding for 48 years:rob This Essex course is heavily subsidised at £10 for the day and I believe a free follow up day with advanced rider training. Cheers, :beerjug:John B

Well I did the bike safe course up in Taunton when last home on leave.
What can i say .
Excellent for the morning that they cram in.

Excellent instructor/Copper. When he has explained certain aspects of the road positioning etc and then you are following them.
They make it look so effortless.
Very professional.
Time to get extra lessons i think.
:bow:thumby:

Always got the niggle at the back of my mind,

at what point does it go from- assesed ride, to offence and your nicked??

About 80mph, I'd imagine.

A quote from the Policeman debriefing me after one partricular "spirited ride!..."I don't recall seeing an 80 mph speed sign, or indeed a 90mph sign"! Classic

They assess your riding in minutes and that will be what level they feel you are safe at, no tickets given but a friendly but firm "wind it in a bit"!

They do get people who take the piss and ignore the seminar stuff but they tend to run of talent before the Plod biker, which does dampen their spirits!

About 80mph, I'd imagine.

Not when I did mine! I asked about speeds, strictly the limit in 30s &40s he said. What about the open road I asked " Well not too much over 90 eh" was the response. He did add that if I got nicked by other police he couldn't help me. This was a good few years ago and it was a 2 day course but I echo what has been said. I learnt so much especially about observation.

Just do it would be my advice

John

Is there a difference ;)

I would imagine it is their speedo, which is calibrated by the lovely chaps in Nottingham.

The SatNav speed is very accurate and you should find it matches a calibrated police speedo. Your own speedo will always underread, cable driven ones like on my 1150 are way out, more modern types are more accurate. I got told off for riding too slowly because I was using my 1150s speedo, I was only doing a real 35 in a 40. When I used the Garmin speedo the officer said I was spot on.

John

John

The SatNav speed is very accurate and you should find it matches a calibrated police speedo. Your own speedo will always underread, cable driven ones like on my 1150 are way out, more modern types are more accurate. I got told off for riding too slowly because I was using my 1150s speedo, I was only doing a real 35 in a 40. When I used the Garmin speedo the officer said I was spot on.

John

John

My speedo is calibrated ;)

Fuck all available anywhere in Scotland, its been done away with up here.

Being dropped by lots of forces due to budget cuts i'm afraid. Which to be honest, I sort of get. The old argument is that preventing one fatal accident will save a force tens of thousands of pounds, but the reality is that when the chief constable is told he's loosing 30 million quid from his budget and that his county had 15 high value burglaries that night, he's probably going to drop the bike safe and invest his money in tackling crime.

:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom