SHOEI GT AIR VIBRATION PROBLEM HELP PLEASE

Thanks oddshapedballs thinking of using it with the aeroflow lower screen but have to try with out the winglets first

I tried everything fitted and took off the 3 screens I owned (standard, givi aero, wunderlick adventure screen). Ran it with nothing (didn't take the winglets off or the GPS mount) did as suggested check all the mounts - still vibrations.
Fitted the standard screen thinking I could divert the wind (didn't really work) lived with it for the 8 days I was away. Might look at the MRA screen but think I have to accept the turbulence will still be the issue.

So yup the helmet may well be ok but not for the set up I have on the bike. :nenau

Bhud, long shot...are you sure the visor is locked down? My GT Air can sometimes require a little 'persuasion' to lock into place, and it vibrates at speed if I've not got it all the way closed.

Bhud, long shot...are you sure the visor is locked down? My GT Air can sometimes require a little 'persuasion' to lock into place, and it vibrates at speed if I've not got it all the way closed.

Mine too

And mine. Went back to Shoei Europe in the end and they fitted brand new visor which has resolved the problem. Initially Shoei Uk adjusted it, as did the dealer, but each time it went back to not locking almost immediately. Great helmet though

The visor vibrates in all settings except closed and then fully closed, as in clicking into the clip at the bottom. With regards forcing it doesn't automatically lock in. :nenau

Yep, mine vibrates unless down or fully closed, but then I wouldn't ride without it down anyway.

I must admit I think the GT Air is one of the worst helmets I have ever owned for noise and turbulence its not a patch on the ancient Arai I retired - If only Arai did the internal sun visor :-(

+1 with Arai and the sun visor.

In our business you ignore the competition at your peril. You trade of your brand, that's fine, but I think the guys running Arai are idiots for not sorting a flip-front with visor! It's a massive market, huge. We all know a flip front is a trade compared to a full face. That's our decision though, we've no intention of crashing and Arai should make a flip front as I've no doubt it would be the best on the market if they do!! Hell Fire!!

Sorry...off topic but I woke up with a need to rant :blast

My GT-Air is one of the quietest helmets I've owned. Could one of the vent closures be loose? Other than that, I had one leak on the visor so had a rant (recurring theme...see!) at the Shoei stand and they fitted a new one and adjusted it - fine. Worth taking it to the bike show? Not long now! :thumbs

I have the GT and the Givi Airflow AF330 and don't have any issues, nice and quite and no buffeting. I can run with the visor open no issues although I always worry of the odd fly making its way through. I'm 6"2 and like I say no issues.

Back
Top Bottom