Converting indicators?

tommymoto

Reaction score
I've just bought a 2010 f800gs and want to change the indicators to LED. Has anyone done this and what effect does this have on the canbus?

Thanks in advance

I have a 2008 and they were already on the bike so they work without problems. I think they were put on at point of purchase (I purchased it as second owner).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just done this myself on a 2015 model. No problem fitting the oem led indicators, they were a straight swop no issues.

Just changed my 700 to LED's from normal bulb units, works a treat....

Only the rear ones as you have to take handrail off and snip a few cable ties. Very easy really.

Only the rear ones as you have to take handrail off and snip a few cable ties. Very easy really. If you have a rear rack this will need to also come off.

Only the rear ones as you have to take handrail off and snip a few cable ties. Very easy really.

And the plastic cover.... They call it a luggage grid.... ( number 1 in picky )
Held on by 2 X torc screws.
Indicator connections are underneath the cover.... :thumb2

Attachments

• B0006751.png
    B0006751.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 178
Why swap to led indicators? I have had bulbs and leds, the bulb type with orange lenses are much brighter and easier to see.

Thanks for all the replies. All done now and pleased to report no problems whatsoever! My reason for changing these is so I don't have to carry bulbs when I'm abroad.

Thanks for all the replies. All done now and pleased to report no problems whatsoever! My reason for changing these is so I don't have to carry bulbs when I'm abroad.

That was my thoughts as well, other than a headlight bulb...

Over 1000s of miles on various BMWs I have never blown a bulb. I have dropped a 1200Gs and broken the front indicator, no way to fix it. It's not a requirement to carry spare indicator bulbs.

Jeez I must be at total clown, I can't even get front ones off !!!!

Cables cover the inner nut. Pig to get to

Thanks for the rear diagram btw

Back
Top Bottom