Thread: BMW New Rider Scheme

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

BMW New Rider Scheme

Wife is looking at this. It appears to be a half decent way into riding solo for her. Anyone taken advantage of it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Davey B View Post
    Wife is looking at this. It appears to be a half decent way into riding solo for her. Anyone taken advantage of it ?
    Bump...

My wife has also decided to get her licence and this jumped out as quite a good little way in (wish I'd seen it before splashing out on a CBT course for her locally - talking of which... locality is a bit of an issue for us, we live in NE Scotland and as far as I'm aware this is quite a bit away from Hertfordshire/Staffordshire!).

Would be interested to hear of anyone who has an experience of this offer :-)

Andy
    “I have no reason to go, except that I have never been, and knowledge is better than ignorance. What better reason could there be for travelling?”
    ― Freya Stark, A Winter in Arabia

Not used the offer, however thinking of my lad progressing beyond his 125, the deal with the G310R seemed too good to be true.

I got the guy at the NEC Bike Show to repeat it several times just to make sure I understood it.

CBT, then 7 day intensive course, then test to get to A1, then £1500ish of bike gear (I can't remember the exact amount), then 2 years on the G310R, then the test to get to A.

For £500 down then £99 a month for the 2 years.

And then you can walk away, make a balloon payment to keep the bike or use the bike as £500 deposit against another BMW.

So, the training, the tests, the bike gear and 2 years bike rental for £2900 all in.

The only shame it's that the G310R is a little uninspiring as an A1 bike, especially when compared with something like the Honda CBR500.

But it does seem to be a bit of a bargain.

I'm doing my down trained CBT training at Bryan's in Stoke on Trent, one of the 2 BMW approved schools in the UK currently. We get plenty of people coming through on the Rookie to Rider scheme - a PCP deal won't suit everyone, but if you're comfortable with the mechanics of the finance package, then it's a great way to get the whole kit & caboodle in one neat deal - you can have an F800R for £199 a month for 2 years.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.

A closed mouth gathers no foot.