2002 1150 GS "Classic" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have an '02 1150 GS (which I love) but also have a '14 GS
They are both insured on one policy at the moment, but could the '02 GS go on a classic policy (perhaps together with a '79 z650)
Wasn't sure if it would qualify or not, so wondered if anyone had done it ......
Thanks

I'd be surprised if any insurer would consider a 14 year old bike to be old enough for a classic policy

I'm pretty sure for my own insurers for it to fall in to the 'classic' side of things it has to be 25 years or older

I'd be surprised if any insurer would consider a 14 year old bike to be old enough for a classic policy but you never know :nenau

I'm pretty sure for my own insurers for it to fall in to the 'classic' side of things it has to be 25 years or older

I believe Footman James (broker) will count 15 years old as "classic". I know for a fact that 18 years qualifies.

But... when I asked them for a quote for my Trophy 900 they came back with the same premium from the same insurer as I am with at the moment! A slightly lower excess but, of course, no possibility for future NCB.

I don't understand why classic bike policies can't accrue NCB when running :confused:

Don't start me on that one !! :anger: I rode nothing but classics for 10 years, to be told when I got a Speed Triple.... "Sorry it's so expensive, but you have no no Claims"

Don't start me on that one !! :anger: I rode nothing but classics for 10 years, to be told when I got a Speed Triple.... "Sorry it's so expensive, but you have no no Claims"

im taking out a clasic policy with footman James next month. for both of my 1150 gs. i have 5 years no claims what happens to them. or will i just lose them if i dont insuranore a modern day bike with in 2 years

On some Classic policies you only need one "Classic" bike but can add modern bikes :D

My current "Classic" policy is just up for renewal at £378. That's for a total of 7 bikes including an R1150R and GS1150 amongst them with full U/K and european breakdown cover and unlimited mileage.

:thumb2

im taking out a clasic policy with footman James next month. for both of my 1150 gs. i have 5 years no claims what happens to them. or will i just lose them if i dont insuranore a modern day bike with in 2 years

Worth asking the question, because it may be the case. I lost all mine :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom