Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thunder in the Glens

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Thunder in the Glens

Yup, it's that time of year again. The first few HD's have started arriving in the valley, the sun is out, Aviemore will be fully booked and the breweries will have sent all they can spare from the Edinburgh Festival up here.

I'll go through on Saturday morning, the ride out (in the sun) is worth watching - then a few relatively peaceful beers before they all get back - then a few rowdier ones .

Cairngorm bar has bands on in the afternoon, plenty to walk about and see up the hill at MacDonalds, given decent weather its not a bad day out

You don't have to want to own, or like, HD's. I quite enjoying looking at some of the things there though, even if you have to get past the week day lawyers getting all badged up to strut with attitude.

It is very entertaining seeing dudes! in Sturgis tshirts with it being Baltic!
    Im going west then grabbing the Panzer to raid and say goodbye to Europe
    old enough to know better, young enough not to care!

Thought there was a lot of Harleys passing through today.
    Is there anything on, on Sunday ?
    Raising a teenager is like trying to nail a piece of jelly to the wall.

Click on this pint.... ....to go to the pub.

I saw 3 massive ,(bigger than my house,but that wouldn't be difficult) Motorhomes with harleys on trailer going up the A9.

Never been to it but quite fancy it. Going on the drink might be a bit dangerous though.

Thats awesome, Im off tomorrow up to Inverness to do a nc500 loop around the highlands over the weekend on my 899 Panigale, so will be nice to see some Harleys.

RBW.

Went well, Saturday weather was great, huge number of bikes out for the Rideout, good atmosphere. No trouble as usual and beer was fine.

Sorry Gordon, missed post, few wee rideouts on Sunday plus all the music and stalls and entertainment

I was there on the Saturday, plenty of nice bikes parked up,

formerly gordongraham Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Is anyone going up next week? Heading up friday from Fife and another GS from Skye meeting up.

I'll be there, probably sat and Sun evenings, at the Cairngorm hotel having a few beers and listening to the bands!
    "I must be traveling on now 'cause there's too many places I've got to see.

I'm heading up on Thursday for three nights, we normally go on the bike and stay at the Coylumbridge Hilton, no bike this year though, I'm taking my caravan and staying at the Dalraddy site just south of Aviemore. hope to catch a few beer at the Cairngorm which is my prefered watering hole whilst at Thunder.

Beaky Farkler Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    There's no fuel available in Aviemore at the moment. The filling station is being rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyBMW View Post
    There's no fuel available in Aviemore at the moment. The filling station is being rebuilt.
    Where's the nearest, then?
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

Not going to manage this one unfortunately..Glenfarg Inn on Friday night before heading off to Greece and Albania via Newcastle ferry on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Blackal View Post
    Grantown..

Beaky Farkler Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackal View Post
    Newtonmore to the south or Carrbridge to the north.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

I'll be there Saturday - for a few ones through the afternoon and evening. Always a grand weekend, good music and beer and bikes. And yes, coming from the south or west fill up at Newtonmore, coming from the east at Grantown and from the north - Inverness should do you.

Maybe a couple of pints at the Cairngorm Saturday?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast