Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thunder in the Glens

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Aviemore filling station is going to be open for fuel for the event, then close again for a couple of days while they complete the M&S food outlet.
    From the TITG facebook page:
    "FUEL UPDATE: People attending TITG® will be delighted to know that the new fuel station in Aviemore will be open for fuel only over the course of the rally weekend. The garage forecourt will be open for fuel only on Friday 25th, Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th between the hours of 10.00am and 6.00 pm. It will then close again until Wednesday 30th August when it will officially open."

Cairngorm for me too!
    "I must be traveling on now 'cause there's too many places I've got to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern jock View Post
    I'll be there Saturday - for a few ones through the afternoon and evening. Always a grand weekend, good music and beer and bikes. And yes, coming from the south or west fill up at Newtonmore, coming from the east at Grantown and from the north - Inverness should do you.

Maybe a couple of pints at the Cairngorm Saturday?
    Or Carrbridge!

Plenty in Pitlochry for those heading north, or Blair Atholl...but not open early or late.

Quote Originally Posted by gerarddwatts View Post
    Plenty in Pitlochry for those heading north, or Blair Atholl...but not open early or late.
    Fill a Harley in Pitlochry it will be empty again at Aviemore ����

I'll be there - but as I don't know anyone form the forum I'll be the good looking muscular guy your wife looks at in admiration

Staying at the Coylumbridge hotel and taking the wife and car as my GS does not get delivered till the end of August - just a week too late.

Meeting a couple of mates who have their Hogs and try desperately to convert me, the bikes look good, but I just can't bring myself to ride one for any length of time or for any other reason than a short pose to boost my ego - hence the GS on order.

James

formerly gordongraham Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Cairngorm looking favourite for a few jars on sat evening. Theres 3 of us going up, Myself (Gordon), Jon and Klaus. Now I dont know how we would go about recognising other GSers, though I suppose anyone in Klim or Rallye gear instead of cuts is a safe enough bet

Once the rideout has gone I suspect it will be a lap of the MacDonald resort area then the Cairngorm, afternoon music and 🍺

How do we recognise each other.....maybe we could carry a copy of an easy to spot book or wear pink carnations or something.....

Quote Originally Posted by WEE BOAB View Post
    How do we recognise each other.....maybe we could carry a copy of an easy to spot book or wear pink carnations or something.....
    You could all wear........... leather chaps.

Al
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

Quote Originally Posted by Blackal View Post
    You could all wear........... leather chaps.

Al
    Nah, I'm sure they want a change from their 'everyday' clothes

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Das dug shirts!
    old enough to know better, young enough not to care!

Cracking day yesterday, sun was shining (most of the time), beer was good, music at the Cairngorm was good and there was a second stage near the tented village, also good.

Rick Parfitt Jr was playing last night as was Toseland - and tonight the Bay City Rollers!

"tonight the Bay City Rollers!"...... aah well , can;t have everything.....

Enjoyed the music yesterday apart from the Quo wannabes at the Cairngorm last night, never seen the place so busy, sorry to be missing the Rollers but had to get back down the road this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Northern jock View Post
    Cracking day yesterday, sun was shining (most of the time), beer was good, music at the Cairngorm was good and there was a second stage near the tented village, also good.

Rick Parfitt Jr was playing last night as was Toseland - and tonight the Bay City Rollers!
    Was Rick junior good? I was at the Cairngorm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast