Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thunder in the Glens

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Khulu View Post
    Was Rick junior good? I was at the Cairngorm.
    As was I, saw he was on but got stuck in the Gorm drinking beer and listening to nearly Quo (which I enjoyed cause they played all the classics loud enough and well enough for me - and beer helped).

Had the shock of my life on Saturday when one of them waved back at me on the A9. Not one if the badass dudes with legs spread wider than a 10 bob tart but a nice old fella with wifie on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by waterloo700 View Post
    Had the shock of my life on Saturday when one of them waved back at me on the A9. Not one if the badass dudes with legs spread wider than a 10 bob tart but a nice old fella with wifie on the back.
    Aye, a few of them were out their minds. Against their code to wave at wrong sort of bikes

Lots of big noisy ugly garish things heading down the glen today. And as for the bikes....

Quote Originally Posted by gerarddwatts View Post
    Lots of big noisy ugly garish things heading down the glen today. And as for the bikes....
    That's about right passed loads yesterday not one gave a wave or nod miserable sods.
    Its the fear of dying that keeps one alive

Quote Originally Posted by turpin View Post
    That's about right passed loads yesterday not one gave a wave or nod miserable sods.
    40 MPH takes ALL their concentration .

Bob.
    The BMW R100GS - Truly Unstoppable

I had a good time over the weekend.

It's the first time I'd been to it and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who can get there, it was far better than I thought it would be. Lots of nice bikes depending on your taste, and more GSs than you could shake a shitty stick at. I spent a couple of nights mostly at the Cairngorm Hotel which seemed a decent place to be from my liking. I took a few pics of some of the GSs I seen at the event, there were loads more, but I got bored snapping them - if your were there, is your among the many pictured? The ride out was a sight to see, no idea how many bikes were in it, but it took 20 minuets to pass me on the main street, must have been 500+ bikes? Anyway, will probably go again next year, and if the weather is a bit better may even take the bike, but as I went home in 7hrs of rain I was glad I was in the car this time.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

I noticed there were a couple of GSA's parked in the Gorm over the weekend, also a few on the ride out on Saturday

Nae foto of mine parked at the Indian shop across the road

formerly gordongraham Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Thunder in the Glens

three of us went and had a brilliant weekend. my (slightly ratty) 1100GS, one mate on a 1200GS and another on a 1971 moto guzzi. spent most of the time drinking and watching the bands at the cairngorm, mostly great except maybe the quo. highlight for us was Torrance on sat night at the outdoor show stage. campsite was full of midges and a bit boggy but after a few beers we didn't much care. will be going again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123